Historic

"You really think I don't care about Raymond?"
     "Well, if you did care, you would have gone to the police after a day! It's been four days now!" 
     Isaac's apology didn't work out as well as he had hoped.
     He had tried to be reasonable and calm throughout, but Andy wasn't having it. He was furious- and now, Isaac wasn't too happy either.
     "It's funny how you think you know Raymond. Are you the one who talked to him about his problems, the one who he slept next to? I don't think so."
     "You know what? Do this damn search yourself. Good luck doing better than the police. The people who's job it is to find missing people."
"If you care so much about Raymond, you should help me find him."
Andy rolled his eyes and stuffed his hands in his pockets, mumbling something along the lines of "faggot" as he walked away. Isaac reddened.
"Andy!" James called after him, anger spreading across his face. "You can't just call someone that!"
"Piss off!"
James grabbed Isaac's wrist and pulled him outside the store. "I am so sorry," he said. "He better not have meant it when he said that word."
"It's..it's okay," Isaac sighed. "I'm used to it."
"My brother tends to be an actual piece of shit sometimes," he chuckled awkwardly. "The two of us can find Ray."
"I mean, if he's actually depressed like you say, he has the right to get mad. I think. Maybe."
"Even so, he shouldn't say that word. Shit..you've been nothing but nice to him, and when you get a little defensive, he strikes."
"James, it's okay." Isaac smiled sympathetically. "I appreciate you being so nice."
"Be honest. Do you want my help finding Ray?"
Isaac paused. He was worried that, if they found Raymond, he wouldn't be in..proper condition. What if he had his fangs out, or red eyes? James couldn't see that. Still, if he said no, would it seem suspicious?
"I might try by myself tonight," Isaac said. "I don't want to overwhelm him. If I can't find him, I'll go to the police."
"..Alright. Just come by if you need help. I'll be here until about seven."
     "Thank you, James. You've been great."
     "I'll talk to Andy. Let me know when you find him."
     "Got it."
     "Good luck." James smirked.
--------------------------------------------
     Isaac had only a few destinations in mind. He knew Raymond's safe spots, and so it was logical for those to be the first places to look. Although he had looked around several times before, it didn't hurt to try again.
     He first stopped by the mausoleum. Every time he had come by there, all of the bottles were the same way they were before he left. None were missing, none had been moved- what was Raymond drinking? Had he died of starvation, and that's why he's not back yet?
     Isaac didn't want those thoughts in his head.
     Raymond's cat was asleep on the mattress. It was probably worried sick, too. Isaac quickly grabbed two bottles and walked out, not wanting to wake it up. Now, if he found Raymond, he'd have something to drink.
     Isaac decided the creek was going to be last. He was going to the cemetery. That was the real safe space. In there, Raymond could be inches away from his family.
     Isaac remembered what Andy had told him. Raymond standing in the cemetery, head in his hands, possibly crying. According to Raymond, though, he hadn't cried for decades. Either he was lying, or Andy just guessed wrong. The latter made more sense.
     Raymond wasn't at his headstone. That was his main area in the cemetery, so if he wasn't here, he likely wouldn't be anywhere else. Isaac was about to move on, but he suddenly heard something shift out of the corner of his eye.
     He spun around and looked straight at the giant tree. There was an arm sticking out from the other side. An arm clothed in a black tuxedo sleeve.
     "Raymond," Isaac whispered, running over to that side of the tree. Sure enough, it was him slumped up against the bark. A thinner, paler version of him, but it was him. Joy fluttered in Isaac's chest.
     "Ray!" Isaac kneeled down and took Raymond's freezing hand. His friend whimpered.
     "Come on, Ray, get up," Isaac pleaded. "Wake up."
     Groaning, Raymond slowly opened his eyes. Isaac gasped in delight.
     "Oh, thank God," he said. "I was so worried! I was about to-"
     "I'm sorry, Isaac." Raymond coughed, his voice hoarse. "I need something to drink. I feel like I'm dying."
     "I brought some." Isaac yanked one of the bottles out of his pocket. He took the cork off and brought it to Raymond's lips. As soon as Raymond swallowed a tiny bit, he sighed in relief. He drank about half the bottle, which was way more than average, if Isaac remembered correctly.
     "Thank you," Raymond breathed. "Thank you so much."
     "Better?"
     "Yeah." Isaac could see Raymond's skin getting a pinkish tint to it. His eyes were blue, but his fangs were still as sharp and shiny as ever. He stayed weakly slumped up against the tree.
     "Where did you go? I was so scared, I-"
     "I missed..I missed home. I had to go home." Raymond's voice was light, and he would occasionally trail off.
     "Did you go back to your hometown?"
     "My house is still there. It's in some..some exhibit. Historical something."
     "It's still there? That's good." Isaac chose to engage- he wanted to keep Raymond alive and talking.
     "It was good to get to see it. I've been scared to go back because I didn't want it to be gone."
     "Well, you got a little taste of home."
     Raymond paused, staring down at the dirt. He bit his knuckle, blinking rapidly until tears started falling down his face. Isaac gasped.
     "Hey, you alright?" He asked, putting his hand on Raymond's arm.
     "I just.." He choked on a sob, pulling his knees up to his chest.
     "Let's go to my house, okay? I'll make you some tea if you want it, and we can sit somewhere comfy and talk this out."
     "I'm so sorry," Raymond cried. "I'm so sorry."
     "It's okay. I get it."
     "I just ran off and didn't tell you. I'm an idiot. What if you had called the cops or something? Oh, God.."
     "We'll talk about it."
     "Okay."
     "We'll talk about it as long as we need to."