1

It's not an unusual occasion for the boys of Hollywood's most dangerous band to bring home a new girl every night. Grab one that'll wait until the show's done, take her home, kiss her goodbye in the morning and never see her again. Some things were changing, definitely not Axl's attitude or Duff's excessive drinking, but some things. It was 1989, two years after their monumentally successful first album Appetite for Destruction had taken the world by storm. Last year, G N' R Lies had been released, stirring some controversy regarding the lyrics of "One in a Million", but Axl didn't like to admit he was wrong.

Rosemary Miranda Rivers had known Axl from her childhood. Her family moved around a lot when she was young, and at some point landed in Lafayette, Indiana. Her older brother, Clay, was friends with Axl in the short time that they had lived there. Of course, back then he was still William Bruce Bailey. Then, it was off to the next town in only a year and a half. Axl probably didn't remember her from then, why would he? She was six years old at the time, and just as insignificant to him as she was now. Clay and Bill used to tease her a lot, she just remembers him being annoying. But now, he was on television. She saw him again for the first time in almost twenty years, and my god did he grow up. His long, auburn hair reached his back, jaw chiseled by God himself, and those piercing green eyes seeming to be looking right at her through the screen. She didn't know why, but she needed to see him again.

Rosie heard the phone ring. She arose from her seat, an old leopard-print sofa she saw on clearance, and removed the phone from the receiver on the wall.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey sis," It was her brother, Clay.

"Speak of the devil," She muttered under her breath.

"Hey, I heard that," He replied, "Anyways, remember when we lived in Lafayette?"

"Vaguely," She answered. 

"Well, my old friend Bill is like a big deal now," He began, "I got back in touch with him and we're gonna hang out".

"Really?" She replied, attempting to seem naive to the subject.

"Yeah, he goes by the name "Axl Rose" now, I guess," He stated.

"Yeah, well I'd love to go to L.A. with you to see him again," She said in the most innocent voice she possibly could.

"I mean, I guess I could drive you down with me" He replied, "I'll pick you up Friday at 7, see ya' later sis".

"Bye Clay" She hung up the phone and took a deep breath.  Butterflies arose in her stomach like she was fourteen again and going to her first homecoming dance with her first boyfriend. 

It was time to prepare.