Cave Trolls and Mithril

After Gimli had stopped wailing about the tomb, he got up and sprinted towards a room that had a beam of light shining somewhere inside of it.

"Gimli!" Gandalf called to him. But the dwarf didn't respond. We all ran after him, entering the room as well. In the center, there was a tomb. Gimli read the marker, and sank to his knees and once again began to wail loudly. I must say, it was all very sad watching him mourn his friends and family.

Gandalf looked around the room and spotted a book. He gave his hat and staff to Pippin, and moved across the room to pick it up and open it. He flipped through pages until he landed on one. Legolas turned to Aragorn. "We must move on. We cannot linger." he whispered. I agreed with him, but Gandalf had begun reading out of the book he had in his hands.

"Drums, Drums in the deep.

We cannot escape, a shadow moves across the room.

We cannot get out, cannot escape.

Drums, drums in the deep.

They are coming."

He looked up at us with a horrified expression, as if he knew what that meant and we didn't.

A movement caught my eye, and I looked across the room. Pippin was reaching out and touching a skeleton resting on top of a well with a bucket connected to a chain right next to it. I was about to tell him to not move, but before I could, he pushed it ever so slightly and it crashed down to wherever the hole led, taking the chain and bucket with it.

The noise echoed throughout the room we were in and the hole the skeleton was falling down. Gandalf looked up surprisingly, and dropped to book, snatching his hat and staff away from Pippin. "Fool of a Took!" he hissed at Pippin. "Throw yourself in next time, and rid us of your stupidity!" Pippin winced at his words and looked ashamed. I felt kind of bad, but at the same time, he risked Orcs knowing where we were. Than my elf ears picked something up.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

There were noises coming from around us. They were picking up speed and getting louder. I heard Frodo take out his sword and it was glowing bright blue. I gasped. "Orcs." I whispered. I drew an arrow and held it at the ready. I stepped over to stand by Legolas who had done the same. Boromir was closing the huge double doors that were leading to the room we were in. He shut them and turned to us. "They have a cave-troll." he said matter-of-factly. Oh no. Cave trolls were huge and vicious creatures, that were very hard to take down. Aragorn started helping Boromir barricade the doors closed, making it harder for the Orcs to enter. Once they were finished, they stepped back and drew their swords.

"Stay behind Gandalf." Aragorn whispered to me. "What? Why? I can fight! You know that!" I questioned him. There was no reply, due to the fact that the Orcs had begun throwing themselves at the closed doors. They were creating little holes in the wood that I saw Legolas aim his bow at and I copied him. As soon as he could find a target, Legolas shot his arrow. I heard an awful shriek from the other side, so I took that as a hit.

Gimli stood up on the tomb in the middle of the room and shouted. "Let them come! There is one dwarf in Moria that still draws breath!" he flailed his axe around and growled. I turned my head quickly when I heard a loud crunching sound. They had broken down the doors, and yes, they had a cave troll. The Orcs began streaming in at a constant rate. I fired my arrow at the closest Orc and drew another one. After killing a few, I slung my bow around my shoulders and drew my short swords, as they would be more productive.

I swerved as an Orc tried to chop my head off, earning a sliced cheek that started dripping blood. I drove my sword through his chest, killing it on the spot. I looked up at the cave troll, and decided it would be better if that was dead. Ducking around everybody, I made my way towards it, killing anyone in my way. "Ryanne, what are you doing?" Legolas shouted. I didn't respond, which was probably a bad idea. When I reached the cave troll, it was bigger than it seemed from a distance and I also had no game plan of how to kill it. Wonderful. Looking around, I saw stairs leading to a slight extension from the wall, around ten feet up. Perfect. Now I had a game plan. I ran up the stairs and over to the troll. Sheathing my sword, I jumped up onto it's back. It didn't notice me right away, so I used that time to climb up on it's neck. Pulling out my bow, I notched an arrow and took aim. The arrow dug in until almost the feathers, since I was firing at almost point-blank.

The troll noticed me after the searing pain in its neck. It roared, alerting the attention of everyone around us. It then began to buck its head around wildly, trying to throw me off. I heard a grunt behind me and turned to see Legolas on its back as well. He climbed up next to me on the troll's neck. "Ryanne, get off of it. It will kill you!" He had to yell at me because of all the noise around us. "Someone needs to kill it!" I drew another arrow and dig that one into it's neck, next to the first. Hands came around my waist, picking me up. Before I had time to protest, Legolas threw me onto the extension by the wall. I landed and rolled to take the impact.

I looked up at Legolas, who had shot three arrows into the troll's neck. After shooing a fourth, he killed it. The troll came down heavily with a ear-splitting roar that shook the walls. Legolas jumped off and landed by me. I noticed I still hadn't gotten up from my sitting position. He extended a hand, and I took it, pulling myself up.

To the right, I heard Sam start yelling. "Frodo! Frodo!" We both turned to see the small Hobbit running over to where Frodo lay unconscious. I immediately got an awful feeling in my stomach. I let go of Legolas, and ran over to where Aragorn was kneeling next to Frodo. "What happened to him?" I asked hurriedly. "He got stabbed. By an Orc." Was the answer. I looked to Frodo who wasn't at all unconscious. He lifted his head up and looked at all of us. "I'm alright." He said. "I'm okay." I breathed a sigh of relief as Sam, Merry and Pippin hugged him. "There is more to this Hobbit than meets the eye!" Gandalf observed. Frodo lifted his shirt a little to revile a Mithril vest. Where did he ever get that?

But I didn't ponder it. All that mattered was our ring-bearer was safe.

----///----///----///----///----///----//

A/N: Ok for some reason I felt as if this chapter wasnt as good as my previous ones. I don't know if that's just me or....

SO!! tell me what you thought in the comments!!!!!!! yay!!!!

Also, please please drop a vote for this chapter, and comment with a smiley face telling me you liked it if you did. Sorry this wasnt as long. But, the next chappie will be up soon enough!

Bullseyes,
XXbowsandarrowsXX