A Long Ways Home

I can't believe it's been a year since I left Xinc's.

A year since I started Hogwarts

A year since I met-
...the twins.

And here I am packing my stuff, cooing my cat Lunar back into the crate as I had done at my uncles once before.
I was going to spend June with my dad, July with the Weasley's, I couldn't wait! And no Uncle Jimi, which I was very happy about.

One last day.

On the way to lunch I met up with the twins as we planned to prank the Slytherins.

"Venus, do you have the powder bombs?"

"Yes. Different colors for each of us." I smirked,"I call blue and red,"

The twins smirked at each other and grabbed their colors as I grabbed mine. A minute before the class let out we sat outside the class, ready for it t be dismissed. I threw a lighter at each of the twins.

"Where'd you get lighters?" Fred asked.

"You'd be surprised on what you can sneak inside Hogwarts," I laughed.

We heard Snape dismiss the class, we quickly lit the powder bombs and ran off to watch by the stairway. We snickered as we saw many Slytherins become colorful one by one as they exited the classroom.

"You!" Mcgonagall yelled.

We looked at each other and ran as fast as we could, hiding eventually giving up on running and hiding in the broken bathroom.

"Do you think she saw us?"

"Even if she didn't, she would've known it was at least me and Fred," George grinned

"We have quite the reputation you know," Fred devilishly smirked.

"Boys aren't allowed in the girls bathroom!" A whiny girls voice said, I peeked around the corner to see a ghost of a girl in pig tails, frowning at the boys with her arms crossed, coming out of a toilet.

"Who are you?" I asked.

Fred and George glared at me.

"You shouldn't have asked" they mouthed at me.

"Oh, you going to spread rumors about me too, call my moaning Myrtle? Crybaby Myrtle that's what she is?!" She said with tears shedding from her eyes.

"Sorry Myrtle, we got to go," I said dragging the twins with me.

We heard loud, large sobs emerge from the stalls as we left.

"Well, my first actual experience with a ghost was, interesting." I said sarcastically.

"We warned you!" George said.

"After I said it!" I corrected him.

I sighed at them dramatically and headed back to the common room, with the twins in tow.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I aboarded the train and headed towards the Gryffindor compartment, intentionally avoiding the Slytherin compartment at all costs.

I sat in the compartment with Lee, George, and Fred.
The train eventually left and the school I now considered a second home disappeared in the distance surrounded by the fog. So much drama had happened this year, Maybe next year will be better.

Fred and George rambled about the World Cup the entire time on the train, occasionally teasing Ron from the next compartment over about his obsession with Victor Krum. Which I admit, I found quite funny.

The train eventually stopped in London and Fred, George, the trio, and I got off together. My uncle want here yet so George motioned for me to come meet whom I'd be staying with for the World Cup.

"Mum, this is my- our friend Venus," George said to his mom. "She'll be Fred and I's plus one to the World Cup!"

"Hello deary!" A short plump woman with bright red hair said, giving me a bear hug,"I'm Molly Weasley, and this is Arthur Weasley," she said pointing to a tall man who also had fiery red hair.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Venus Réalta." I said grinning, but my grin instantly stopped when I saw my Uncles station wagon pull up to the curb of the station."I'm sorry, but my rides here. Thank you, bye Everyone." I said waving back at them.

"-can't believe I have to waste my precious money to spend on gas to pick up my niece from learning tricks and 'magic'-" my uncle muttered under his breath, which I rolled my eyes instinctively to.

He drove me to the airport, dropped me off, and I spent an extremely brining airplane ride back to America, I missed the twins already, and it hadn't even been a day!

I arrived in New Orleans and rolled my suitcase and kennel into the waiting area, my dad instantly found me and took me back home.

"Rosy!" I exclaimed, bending down to pet my old furry friend as she hobbled down the steps of our home." I missed you girl." I said scratching her ears."

I brought everything back up to my room, there was no point in unpacking, I was just staying here a month.

"Hey gun dinner will be ready in a few minutes," my dad said as I danglers my feet from my floral print bed.

"Why didn't I just use magic to come home for Christmas, like floo powder?" I asked him curiously.

"Because it's dangerous, and you hadn't used it before, the only reason I'm letting you go to the Weasley's house is because I knew them from school and they showed you how to use it, I hope at least." I nodded. "Now come get ready to eat."