(Chapter 4) The Break Up

Elena's POV

I wake up to hearing my phone beep at 10 in the morning, my mom was texting me.

Mom: How was your date sweetie?

Ugh, she couldn't wait till noon?

Me: Great, we watched a movie.

Mom: What happened to the reservations in, Jean-George's?

Me: It was disgusting, so I bailed and let Nik take me to the movies.

Mom: Next time just suck it up honey, I'm sure he wouldn't wanna marry a person who turns down the one of the best restaurants in New York City for movies and popcorn.

Me: I don't think so. I think he like the movie better.

Mom: Oh that's great then. Are you guys going out again? Your engagement party's this Saturday.

Me: Not yet, but I've got the party covered, I found the perfect dress.

Mom: Sounds great I'll talk to you later.

Me: Okay bye.

It's no use sleeping now, I'm already wide awake. I get up and brush my teeth then go downstairs for breakfast. I took my plate to the patio and started eating outside, under the hot sun.

My phone started ringing, Austin.

"Hey babe."

"Hey Austin, so what's up?"

"Umm I need to talk to you, you wanna meet up tonight in our usual spot?"

"Yeah sure, I have something to tell you as well."

"Okay I'll see you there at 7."

Then he hung up.

I finished my eggs and bacon then I lounged around my room playing music while using my laptop.

Time flew by really fast because before I knew it, it was 6:10. I got up lazily and grabbed my dark blue dress and black wedges. I just left my hair down and took my clutch and my phone and went downstairs to start driving.

Our 'usual spot' was in this really pretty garden, not too far from my house. There was a fancy tent that had a dining table underneath and it was romantic but just thinking about what I'm about to tell him breaks my heart. We've been going out for almost a year now and I really love him, how do I tell him I'm engaged to some stranger for my family's company?

When I got there I parked my car and made my way to the beautiful garden. I found Austin sitting in behind the fancy table under the perfect lighting of the tent's chandelier. I smiled at Austin who had a nervous look on his face.

I sat down and asked, "Whats wrong?"

"I can't do this anymore Elena."

"What?" my voice barely a whisper.

"I don't love you anymore, I'm sorry. I'm in love with Janice."

"What do you mean you're in love with Janice? Wasn't she just in LA?"

"Well she was but she got back a couple weeks ago."

I was in shock. Janice was his ex-girlfriend. They dated for a really long time before Austin and I started going out but I didn't think he still had feelings for her. I mean, we've already been together for 10 months.

"I'm sorry Elena, we just hooked up but I realized I still love her."

Tears burned behind my eyes when he said that.

"What the hell, you hooked up?! You know what, don't worry about it. I just wanted to tell you that I'm uh I'm getting married."

"Wait what?!"

"My parents made an arrangement, both our companies will be combined and I have to marry their son. I had no say in this so but I still felt really guilty about it and bad because I thought I would be hurting you but obviously I shouldn't have."

"Do you love him?" he asked.

"That's none of your business anymore. And maybe I do."

I got up and walked away when the tears started to fall.

That was a lie, I like Nik but one date isn't gonna make me love him. It would be too soon.

_________________________________
Author's Note

Sorry short crappy chapter, but I'll be updating again soon. Also, sorry I didn't update sooner but I was really busy today.
_________________________________