(Chapter 6) Moving In

Recap - Stefan and Janice came to the engagement party.

Nik's POV

"Oh you have more guests, come on let's welcome them." I say staring toward the big glass doors.

She gulped and nodded then she slowly got up almost loosing her balance.

"Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah, come on."

We walked towards the couple and Elena smiled. "Welcome Stefan and uh Janice."

The guy smirks and shakes my hand while the girl, Janice rolled her eyes after they headed to the tables.

"Who are they?" I whisper to Elena.

"Just my guests." she replied.

"Elena you suddenly lost coloration in your face when they walked in. They don't seem like just guests."

"Fine. Janice was my college classmate. We weren't close or anything but she has a past with my recent ex," she paused, "Stefan. They're together again and they were hooking up behind my back, I found out yesterday."

Elena's POV

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have made you tell me." Nik says with a sad and slightly annoyed look.

"It's fine."

"You don't deserve to be treated like that."

I give him a warm smile. "You shouldn't worry about it, I'm fine but thank you."

"Why are they here after what happened between you guys?" he asked.

"I have no idea but I don't think I actually want to know."

I welcome more guests and have small chit chats, trying to be sociable when Stefan and Janice walk toward me.

"Congratulations on your engagement." Janice says.

I put on a fake smile. "Thank you."

"So, where's the lucky man?" she asked.

As if Nik was paying attention he walks toward me and wraps his hand around my waist, bringing me closer.

"Good evening, I'm Nik Mikaelson. Elena's future husband." he says with a smile.

Janice frowns. "This is Stefan Salvatore and I'm Janice Will." she says extending her hand, however Nik doesn't shake it so she just pulls it back, blushing. Stefan smirks and asks, "So, how'd you two lovebirds fall in love?"

I was silent, how was I supposed to answer that?

"Our parents insisted we meet, it was kind of like a blind date but we enjoyed it and we started seeing each other more. Eventually we fell in love and here we are now." Nik answers then leans in and kisses my cheek.

I felt my cheeks heat up. Did he just kiss me?

"Oh, well we should leave you guys to deal with the other people. Great talking to you." Stefan says after rolling his eyes.

What the hell was wrong with him? He says sorry and apologizes for what happened then the next day it's like he's rubbing it in my face.

When the engagement party ended people started leaving. Stefan and Janice were last to leave but when I found him in the hallway I just had to ask him. I pushed him against the wall and say,

"Why the hell are you here?"

He smirks.

"It's your engagement party, isn't it? I'm here for support. May you two have a long and loving marriage."

"Leave me alone and take Janice with you." I say softly.

I turn to head back to the party when I was suddenly slapped.

"Back off, he's mine." Janice says.

I place my hand over my cheek with an angry frown, "I don't want him. I'm just here to tell him to get away from me. Now both of you, please leave."

I push past her and get back to the party and start loading the gifts into the car with the help of my mom and Nik.

"I think that's all of it." my mom says.

"Thanks for the help guys, I'll be going now." I say.

She grabbed my wrist.

"Did you forget something?" she asked.

"Uh I don't think so.."

She frowns, "Your fiancé honey."

Oh. I smile at Nik and give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Not what I meant, I meant the car you two were sharing but that was sweet so off you two go now."

"What do you mean two?" I ask.

"Oh I forgot to tell you guys, Nik's parents and your father and I have decided it would be better if you two start living together. We'll keep the gifts at your place, Elena and you guys can open it after the wedding but for now I packed your suitcase and it's in his car. You'll be staying in Nik's place."

"What?! Mom you didn't even ask me!"

She stares at her watch, "Well look at the time, I have a meeting. Goodbye."

She got in the car, I was supposed to go in and leaves me with Nik who looked slightly shocked as well. She then closed the door quickly and the car moved about an inch before it suddenly stopped and my mom rolled the window down.

"Oh and don't bother trying to sneak back to your house, I have the keys and there's a guard there." she tells me.

That was it, she left.

_____________________________

Author's Note

I'll try to update the next chapter again today.

Vote and Comment! ❤️