(Chapter 5) Engagement Party

Elena's POV

I walked back to my car, no longer holding back the tears. I couldn't believe him, he cheated on me. I felt so guilty about going to dinner with Nik even if I had no choice but here Austin was, hooking up with his ex behind my back. All the memories of us were flooding back, we've been together for months, I thought he loved me.

Once I got in the car I was banging on the steering wheel crying.

"I hate you!" I yelled.

All the memories were flooding back, I met him in a café where I actually spilled coffee on him. He was mad at first but when he looked up at me, he smiled. We started talking, hanging out, our first kiss, all our memories felt like it disappeared in thin air.

It was bad enough I had to marry a complete stranger and break up with Austin but the worst part is, I thought he loved me, but he cheated and I still love him.

This isn't right, I shouldn't cry about him. He doesn't deserve it. Although the tears were still burning in my eyes I wiped it off and started to drive away.

I speeded the car home, when I finally got there I slammed the front door hard and stormed in the house.

Nik was sitting on the couch using his phone.

"Excuse me, but what are you here?"

He looked up from his phone and made a confused face looking at me. He then walked up to me wiping the bottom of my eyes where tears and some mascara was smeared.

"I'm here to pick you up for the engagement party in an hour because we have to prepare some things. Your mom was the one picking you up but she saw me here and let me in, telling me she could just be the one to take care of everything else. What happened?"

"It's nothing, sorry I'm late I'll go get ready."

I ran up the stairs and started to undress. I looked like a psychotic creep with the dried mascara and red cheeks so I showered again. I tried not to think about anything and just relax so in the end I just wore a black tulle dress with matching heels and put my hair in a fancy bun with some strands of hair falling.

"Stunning as always." Nik says after I came down the stairs.

"Thanks."

~

When we arrived I saw many circle tables around the room with fancy white lace table cloths lined with mint blue, my favorite color. There was also a big space in the middle of the room where a fancy crystal chandelier was hung above on.

The party was to start in 30 minutes and everything looks perfect. The room was brightly lit and the vases baby pink roses were already in the center of each table. Mint blue and baby pink were the themes of my wedding, simple but I loved it. Also because it was pretty much the main thing I got to decide about the wedding, everything else my mom arranged, like my husband.

The door opened and My mouth fell open.

"Lena!" he screamed.

"Oh my god, Jer!"

I ran up to him and we embraced in a tight hug.

Jeremy was my brother, he's been managing some of our businesses in Paris but I guess he wanted to visit.

"I haven't seen you in a year! I missed you so much, I'm glad you're here." I say tearing up.

He chuckled lightly, "Well I missed you too and don't worry I'll be here until your wedding. By the way, this is my girlfriend, Anna."

I pulled back from the hug and smiled at the pretty brown haired girl next to my brother.

"Hey Anna, I'm Elena." I say with my hand stretched out to shake hers. She shook it and replied, "Nice to meet you." with a smile.

I led them to a table and excused myself for the food preparations.

~

Everyone was finally here, people were talking, the food was out, and I managed to introduce Nik to almost all the people I knew and he did the same. His family was really nice and I met his sister, Rebekah.

20 minutes into the party my mom went up on stage and said a speech, "To my beautiful daughter, Elena. I'm happy that you'll finally get married and experience the same things I went through with your dad. Although I'm also sad because my baby girl is already grown up. As much as I'd hate to let you go I'm glad that you'd be with a man that can love you. Congratulations on your engagement baby!"

I mouthed her a 'Thank you' with a smile.

Just after she got off the stage more late guests entered.

"Are you okay Elena? You look a little pale." Nik whispers to me.

Why are Austin and Janice here?

Author's Note

I hope you guys liked the update! I'll try to update again tonight or sometime soon, probably tomorrow?

I'll probably update sooner if you guys Vote and Comment... *wink wink.