Chapter Three- The Choosing Ceremony

Again, the alarm went on and woke up Faith slumber. She changed real fast and ran out to get on the truck.

  "Are you ready,Faith?" her friend said as she got up on the truck, too.

  "Of course!"Faith said with an excitement.

  "Are you going to change factions?"

  "Yeah. I'm going to be Dauntless!"she seem to more excited when she said the word:Dauntless. Her friend gasp.

  "why!?"

  "Because Nile."

   "He also leaving faction to Dauntless. "

  "Yep."Faith said. The truck stopped when they were at the school already. They got off and make their way in the building. The auditorium is at floor twenty which poor Abnegation walk up the stairs. Faith felt bad so she walked with them for some reasons. Others were surprised of her actions. They already thought that she might choose Abnegation but no. After awhile walking up, they made it.     Mostly all the factions were there but Abnegation who are already taking their seats. She walk over to Amity and take her seat.
   Erudite people sat next to Amity people on the right while Abnegation on the left. Condor people were greeting each other. Dauntless, however, were sound like always. Until Marcus quiet down the people and started his speech that have been passed down for centuries.

  "Today is a special day for our new fellow generation. They will choose their faction they prefer for man-kind. But remember people, Faction Before Blood."

  Jeanne Matthews took over. "Now we will start calling names by alphabet but backwards. First up, Jack Zane."

  Jack Zane is in Candor. He got up the stage. He slowly pick up the knife. He saw his reflection and stared at himself for awhile. He slid his palm with the knife. He tighten his hand into a fist as he move his hand to Erudite. He let go a drop of blood into the water that symbolize Erudite. Everyone applause even his own factions.
  Faith heart beats faster at every name that was called. It slowly reached her name until that called Nile.

  "Nile Torres."they finally said. He took a deep breath and got up. He's on stage. Without thinking or any pauses, he quickly slid the knife on his palm. He move his hand to Dauntless. Her heart sank. The Dauntless was yelling and cheering for him. He walk over to them and embracing his new faction.
   After a few name passes, it was now her turn. "Faith Sierra." She swallow deep and got up. She felt stumbling down the stairs. Now she was on stage   and walk towards to Jeanne. She slowly grabbed the knife. She look down on it. She rather stab herself in her heart but no. "For love."she says under her breath. She quickly slid the knife. She felt like fainting when she saw the blood. She breath faster as the drip of blood falls down on... Dauntless. The coals sizzles a little. The Dauntless went wild. Nile close his eyes in disappointment. She went over to Dauntless, slowly dragging her feet a little. The Dauntless took her in and offer her a seat. 
   Everything was over. All the factions went their separate ways. Goodbye to Amity and hello to Dauntless. As they exit the building,they begin to run. She then have to run. Nile came to her.

  "Are you crazy?!"he said.

  "No but about you, yes."she says as she pace herself even faster. He gave her a weak smile. They stopped by the structure that stand up the railroad tracks. Everyone was climbing it. She took a deep breath and climb it also. They waited there awhile so the train can come. Long enough, they heard the train roaring toward their direction. As the train pass by them, they begin to run and get on.
  Faith hurried. Nile got on first and grab her hand to help her up. She was catching her breath. A Candor girl and a Abnegation girl was talking across her until they spoke to Faith.

  "Hi, I'm Christina and you?" the Candor girl said.

  "I'm Faith, nice to meet you. "

  "I'm Beatrice."said the Abnegation girl.

  After about thirty minutes pass, they announce that they will be jumping off the train onto a building. All the transfers were shock. Seven feet down if you didn't land. The born Dauntless already jumped off while leaving the transfer left to jump. Faith took a deep breath and jump. She landed on her legs but lost balance. Christina and Beatrice landed, too. They laugh together and walk to you.

  "That was fun."Christina said as she helped Faith get up.

  "Yeah." They walked with the others who were gather around some guys.

  "Who could that be?"said Faith as she squeeze in through the crowd to three guys in the center.