|| C H A P T E R O N E ||

January 1st, 2018

I tapped my foot impatiently, turns out maybe coming two hours before your flight even starts boarding is a bad idea. And all i wanted to do was go down to L.A. to visit my brother for awhile. I wasn't gonna lie, i'm shaking with nerves. What if they think i'm stupid? A stupid kid. I've been begging my mom to let me stay with Jack for at least a week, and she is letting me stay up there for the whole year! Something about trusting me to be an adult, i'm only sixteen, seventeen in a month. Suddenly i heard a woman's voice booming over the speakers placed through out the airport. "Flight 254!" , that was me. I grabbed my luggage, walking to the gate i had been staring at for an hour or two. The plane ride was lonely, no one was there except for a facetime from Jack.

Jack- Carsonn!

Carson- Wassup Avery!

Jack- How long till you land, we're pulling up to the airport now.

Carson- Probably not for another thirty minutes, we're close though.

Jack- Gotcha, see you soon Red Car...

Carson- It's Carson *laughs*

Jack- Mhm k.

-END OF CALL-

I laughed at the reference to the nick name Jack has used for me since we were little. I remember when they first adopted me. The only toy i had brought was my little red car, i thought barbies were way over rated, too girly was all that went through my five year old mind. Jack first started calling me Car, it eventually evolved as we got older. Soon i was Red Car, sounds cute right?-- can you hear the sarcasm?

||

Finally i heard the pilot telling everyone to un buckle their seat belts,and grab their luggage. I grabbed everything that i had, before jogging off the plane. The airport was huge. How was i supposed to find Jonah and Jack in this mess.

Jack- Carson!

Jonah- Carson, Where are you?!

I finally heard the familiar sounds of my brother and one of his bandmates that i'd only seen through a screen. Suddenly i noticed a curly haired boy in a hockey jersey and a taller boy wearing snap spectacles, immediately recognizing them as Jack Avery, and Jonah Marais.

Carson- Guys!!!

Jonah- CaRsOn!

Jonah pulled me into a big hug.

Jack- ReD cAr?!

He leaped into the hug as well.

Jack- Wait until the rest of the guys meet you. They're gonna love you!

Carson- Hopefully...

Jack- And your in luck, Corbyn's cousin is here visiting. Her name is Oakley but we call her Oak Tree.

Carson- Well, i wonder who came up with that one. *laughs*

||

Jonah opened the door for me, as i rolled my suitcases in. I noticed the boys i've seen over snapchat and instagram so many times. Jack let me drop my stuff, and walked me to the front of the living room, where everybody could see me.

Jack- Everyone! This is my sister Carson. She just flew in, she is super excited to meet you guys.

Carson- Um, hi everyone...

Jack- That is Corbyn, Jack, Daniel, Jonah, And

Lastly my eyes landed on a boy about my age, smiling at me, before going back to his conversation.

Jack- We'll hang later, you need to go unpack. It's the last room to the left.

I walked down the hallway into a room with white walls, and a wooden bed. Fairy lights hung over my headboard, and pictures of me and my siblings when we were little.

Carson- Amazing.
Zach- Need help unpacking?
I looked up to see the same smile i had seen moments ago. He leaned on my doorway, before walking in.
Zach- C-Carson right?
Carson- Yeah. And your Zach
Zach- I figured you might want some help moving in.
Carson- You figured right. *laughs*
Zach- I heard you like to paint.
Carson- Oh! I love painting. My old room was full of canvas's. Each one was special to my heart, they're still there resting on the walls. What are your favorite hobbies?
Zach- Never thought of it, i'm always busy with music.
Carson- Well you enjoy doing it right..?
Zach- Oh yeah, Of course! It just doesn't give me a lot of time to do anything, but that's ok.

Carson- You know any places that sell paint around here?

Zach- Yeah wh-

Carson- Can you take me?

Zach- Um, sure. Yeah we can do that.