➳ 020.

"shoulda never messed with us. on gang."
k i m .

"family of kenzie marie carter?" we heard, and all stood up.

"kenzie is going to be okay." she said, making us sigh in relief. "she had a substance in her that caused her to pass out. we don't know what specific substance, but we'll find out soon."

a substance, tf?

"can we see her?" amanda asked impatiently.

"sure, but she's very drowsy." she said. "follow me."

we followed the lady to kenzie's hospital room. the same room kierra was in less than two weeks ago.

we walked inside, and kenzie was laying on the bed and her eyes were half closed. there was a bandage on her head.

"you feelin' any better?" jay asked.

"yeah, but my heads hurtin' a lot obviously." she said, and sighed.

"do you remember anythin' that happened?" glizzy asked.

"all i remember is feeling a really bad pain in my head, getting dizzy, and falling to the floor." she said, and sighed.

i sighed.

"as long as you're okay." cordae said, and gave her a weak smile.

just then, everyone's phone went off. we all checked our phones to see.

[ 339-119-2100 ] :
keep fuckin playin'
and another one of
y'all ybn niggas will
be next.
[ 339-119-2100 ] ;
y'all think kenzie just
passed out? nawww
bruh. we temporary
poisoned that hoe.
and next time it'll
be permanent.
[ 339-119-2100 ] ;
shoulda never messed
with us. on gang.
- G's Gang x Andrae
Read 9:30 PM.

"what the fuck is this my nigga?" kade mumbled.

"you know what we should do?" jay asked, and we all look at him curiously.

"track the number, nigga." he continued.

why the fuck didn't we think of that sooner? 🤦🏽‍♀️

"do it." kenzie instructed.

"gotchu." jay said. "imma hit someone up to do it for us."

➳➳➳

it was around 5 in the morning. we had just left the hospital, and we were going back tomorrow. kenzie was being released from the hospital in three days.

jay had called someone to trace the number around ten, and the person he called would be coming around four tomorrow.

glizzy had dropped al, nasir, and i home. i carried nasir, who was sleeping, up to his crib. i put him in his crib, and closed the door.

i went into my room, and crawled into my bed. i tried to get my mind off of kenzie, my father, and g. i eventually fell asleep.