Chapter 1 - The First Day of School

I DO NOT OWN POKÉMON OR NINTENDO. THIS IS JUST A NOVEL I DECIDED TO MAKE. PLEASE SUPPORT THE OFFICIAL POKÉMON, NINTENDO, AND GAMEFREAK COMPANIES.

**********

Fletch! Fletch!

"Oh Fletchling, maybe later," I say swatting fletchling away.

Fletchling! (Fletchling pecks at Serena.)

"Ow! Ok! Ok, I'm up!" Man I'm never used to getting up this early. I guess it's just because I've never been to an actual school... well maybe once, but that was really a summer camp. Anyway, time to get ready.

"Serena. Are you up yet?" my mother yells up the stairs.

"Yes, mom. I'm getting ready," I reply.

"Just don't be too long. You'll miss breakfast and more importantly, the bus!"

I finish getting dressed and head downstairs. "So what's for breakfast?" I ask entering the kitchen.

"You're favorite - blueberry pancakes."

"You're the best, mom!"

"The bus will be here in 15 minutes. Don't be late."

"Ok, mom."

The bus approaches our house as I finish my pancakes. Wow, 15 minutes already? Oh well. "Mom, the bus is here! See ya after school!" I yell out.

"Ok! Have fun!"

I run out the door and head for the bus. Many thoughts are running through my mind right now. Things like friends, teachers, classes, etc. I just wonder what the bus ride to the school will be like.

I enter the bus with a nervous look on my face. "H-hi," I stutter to the bus driver,  "I'm Serena. I just moved here from the Kalos region."

"Nice to meet ya," she responds in a sweet voice. "I'll be your bus driver this year. Now please get on the bus, you know we don't have all day." She says cheerfully.

I enter the bus confused and nervous. No idea where to sit. I don't know anyone and don't know where to go. I decide to start heading to the back of the bus.

"Hey!" someone to my left shouts to me.

I look over to her. She had long, actually quite long, purple hair, darker skin, and brown eyes.

"You can sit next to me if you like," she offers cheerfully.

Axew-ew-ew. An Axew pops out of her hair, which gave me a little jump.

"O-ok," I say nervously.

"I'm Iris," she sticks out her hand for a handshake.

"Serena," I take her hand and shakes it softly.

"I've never seen you in the Kanto region. Are you new?"

"Yeah. My mom and I moved here from the Kalos reg-"

She cuts me off. "The Kalos region?! I've always wanted to go there. What's it like? Maybe later. The school is ahead."

Wow. I didn't even get to the building and I've already got a friend. What luck! I've got a good feeling about this day.

Iris and I both exit the bus.

"Alright so we've got about half an hour till first period starts. But let's get you to the front office to get your schedule."

On our way to the office, I noticed so many students with their partner pokémon. I couldn't help but notice this one guy with a Pikachu on his shoulder. It's like I noticed every physical detail about him... like I knew him from somewhere but just couldn't put my finger on it. He had black hair, a red and white cap and sneakers, black jeans, a black shirt, and a blue jacket over his shirt. He looked familiar. He was holding hands with a blue-haired girl. She had a black shirt on as well as a pink miniskirt. She must be his girlfriend.