Chapter 1 - Masaki's Castle

If you like this story, vote up and comment! Have a great day ♪

Aki's POV-
Maru kept pointing us in the wrong direction, off the trail, saying that was the direction to the campsite. It honestly seemed a little suspicious, considering we never told her our campsite location. Eventually, we gave up on ignoring her and let her lead the way to our campsite. "Are you sure she knows the way?" I whispered to Luke. He shrugged and we then continued to follow Maru into the unknown wilderness. We pushed through bushes and climbed over tree branches, getting various cuts and scrapes from the bushes.

After a while of walking, and watching Luke trip we came upon a dark castle. It was very tall, ominous, and quiet. The sky was pitch black. The stars were small specks in the sky. "Here we are!" Maru shouted. Neither of us said a word as Maru led us inside. We came upon Maris and Masuya inside, who pointed out Kito's sleeping body. "We found him here a few hours ago. We don't know why or how he's here, but here we are." Masuya sighed. "He does like sleeping, but I'd think he wouldn't end up somewhere random like this." Maris reasoned. Everybody nodded their heads in agreement, and murmuring words of respect about Maris's theory. Maris was always the smartest one in our group, and always had been by a long shot. The fact that the group leader

After about half an hour of sitting down, some sort of white cloud of gas started to slowly fill the chamber. "Hold your breath! There's got to be a way out!" Masuya shouted. I grabbed onto Luke's arm and held my breath, but after a small amount of time the gas filled my lungs anyway. I fell to the ground as the world went black.

I woke up in a small glass capsule. There were 11 other people in similar glass capsules, in a large circle surrounding a black throne. The room was considerably large, but there were no exits or entrances. In this black throne sat a teenage girl with long black hair and red eyes. She stood up, showing her hair went down to her legs. "Welcome everybody! The twelve of you will be participating in what I love to call a KILLING GAME! The twelve of you will kill each other to survive! There's one traitor, and the real killer! Killing without a motive is strictly prohibited, so don't even try!" The girl giggled. "You're fucking crazy! Do you really fucking expect us to kill each other? A female with dark brown hair in a side ponytail shouted. "Kitosu, knock it off!" A red haired boy scolded. "Fuck off Kouper!" She shouted back. "Knock it off, both of you!" I shouted angrily. I didn't understand this situation. Somebody was going to kill us off, one by one? Who the hell was it? For all I know, Luke could be the killer! I started to shake in panic, as I thought of everybody dying. Tears filled my eyes as I thought of Luke being killed. "Calm down!" The next thing I knew, the glass capsule was gone and I fell. Luke helped me up and I sobbed into his shoulder. He rubbed my back calmingly as I cried. Eventually, I was quiet. I heard murmuring coming from the brunette known as Kitosu and the redhead known as Kouper. They seemed to be close, assessing their conversation. Masuya and Maru were talking quietly while Kito and Maris were reading their sheets of paper given to them. We all got a sheet of paper revealing our roles. We were strictly prohibited to reveal our roles to anybody.

As I looked over my paper, I realized that I was innocent, meaning I got to be in the dark about what this was.

The female in the middle then pressed a button, revealing 12 different passages for us to exit through. Each person took a different passage. I ran into the closest one, which led to a dark hallway. There were supposedly weapons scattered across the castle, which we could use to defend ourselves against the killers. The girl had told us that there were two killers, one being the traitor and the other being the mastermind of this twisted game. I was surprised that she wasn't the mastermind, but merely a puppet of the mastermind. I felt bad for her, considering she was an innocent girl before she was forced to live like this. Nobody deserved that, no matter how sick and twisted they are. Being forced into a lifestyle you didn't want for yourself was absolutely horrible.

I saw a sharp but fancy pair of scissors, so I picked them up.  They felt right in my hands, so I slipped them into my backpack. I continued through the hallway, cautious of my surroundings.

How was chapter 1? Did y'all like it?