021

chapter ➝ twenty onetype ➝ real life❝ babysitting day ❞

type real life
❝ babysitting day ❞

──────────◈──────────

FRANCINE THOUGHT SHE HAD FORGOTTEN one of her greatest desires, buried in a spot her own mind could not even reach, oh how naïve she could think that way. Francine always knew what she wanted, but after she broke up with Cena, she barely remembered what kind of future she dreamed of with him — with anyone.

          Now one year later after Cena, her desire surprisingly awakened again. This time, Chris Evans was the one who reminded her about it. Looking at him took care of Dionisie until the little baby fell asleep in his arms, Francine once again recalled how much she wanted kids on her own.

Francine and Chris were currently at the Stan's penthouse, babysitting Dionisie since Sebastian was accompanying Calligenia to arrange the baby shower while Ivory and Tom were away to promote their new movie.

          And since Francine currently had no any important storyline, she had plenty of free time, which she was desperately need at the moment. Becoming a wrestler was surely not easy, even though it was only entertainment, the pain from being put in any finisher or submission moves, accidental punches, thrown from the top of turnbuckles and so perceived was real. Francine literally needed a break from all of it.

But unfortunately, not from the vestige of her previous love life.

          Noticing the way her eyes moved in discomfort, Chris slowly stood up and put Dionisie in the baby crib. "You okay?"

          Francine abruptly looked up, mouth parting slightly as she nodded her head unsurely. "Yeah."

          Chris chuckled and walked toward her, extending a hand out. At first, Francine only stared at it before she eventually giving in, taking his hand and letting him pull her off the floor. "Your face says otherwise."

          Despite having known each other for four months and counting, Francine clicked with him on everything, so it was a bit arduous not to tell Chris anything that ran in her head. He had something that always made Francine end up babbling indefinitely. Honestly, it was a good thing because then she didn't have to harbor anything that bothered her alone — whenever she was in a mood to rant about something, Chris was constantly there to listen. That was what Francine needed lately since almost all the people closest to her were married.

           And now her mind mentioned about it, Francine once again thought about when she would find her prince charming? Marriage was still the gainer on her wish list, but she lied if she said she had recovered from the failure of her previous relationship. Yes, she was heading there — it was just that her viewpoint was somewhat different now.

          Sitting on top of the counter while looking at Chris make a cup of malted milk for her, Francine couldn't stop to think that he would surely be a good father one day, observing how well he handled Dionisie earlier. Any woman who becomes his wife is definitely lucky. In a flash, her face twisted in confusion on why she could think about that — of course whoever the woman was, she would feel that way. He is Chris Evans, for God's sake.

          Francine still stared at him with the same look as he turned around and gave her the mug which she took it merrily. Chris then placed both hands on either side of her, basically trapped her so she couldn't go anywhere before telling him what was bothering her mind. "Come on, spill."

          Sending him a small smile, Francine shrugged and lowered her head. "It's only a random memory of the past."

          "Really? What is it all about?"

          Truthfully, it was too personal. Francine never talked about it to anyone because it would only remind her how dull her life was without having a significant other or kids running around the house. She wanted that so bad until now. And the memory when John said that he didn't want to have children forced her to think that all men were the same.

          "It's about," Francine bit her bottom lip, debating whether to tell him or not. But then, she remembered that she had shared a lot of stories with him, and this kind of topic was no different than the others. Francine released a breath as she brought her head back up, drowning herself into his oceanic eyes. "Kids."

          Chris frowned, tilting his head in perplexity. "Kids?"

          "I really want to have kids on my own. Seeing how happy my sister and brother are, I feel like I've missed out on something and that's that," Francine confined in, her voice slightly cracking as she placed the mug on her side. "Sadly, it's hard to make it happen because I don't have a partner — the right partner. I used to think John was, but the moment he said he didn't want kids, I instantly thought that all men are just like him. And you know, we broke up shortly after, so it forced me to bury deep that desire. But, watching you take care of Dion earlier, it promptly triggers me to remember how much I still want that until now."

          Chris didn't say anything but his eyes were still on her, taking all in her features at once. There was a heavy forlorn within her, blocking her to sense the happiness that was supposed to stream in her nerves. This was a woman who wanted nothing, but a family. Francine might have a brilliant career, a harmonious family, loyal friends, but it didn't mean anything if it wasn't balanced with a family of her own.

          At this exact moment, Chris desperately wanted her perspective on men to change.

          That was what urged him to do something he actually wanted to do since then. Chris lifted her chin up and swiftly pressed his lips on her. Francine was taken aback at first, hell, it took her a moment to respond, but she did eventually. And surprisingly enough, Francine didn't feel uneasy — in fact the way their lips moved in sync, causing her to find some familiar sparks of feeling as if she had felt his lips before.

          Why this feels right? It was honestly the only thought scurrying around Francine's head and made her forget what it was like to be alone for a mere moment.

          And once the air became a necessity, they pulled away and rested their foreheads on each other. Chris still settled his hand on the back of her neck as he spoke, responding to her previous rant and flashing a warm, convincing smile. "Not all of them are the same."

──────────◈──────────