Protective Bucky and Steve

Warnings: Talk of assault, swearing

Characters: Bucky, Steve, Wanda

Prompt: Bucky and Steve are being protective of Wanda after Wanda got mugged and assaulted while walking home from a bar at night.

Words: 1700

-o-

Wanda flies through the front door into the common room of the Avengers tower with tears running down her face and a few cuts on her arms. Steve and Bucky are in the kitchen making food for themselves and shooting the shit when they hear the front door fly open and heavy sobs following. Both of the super soldier race to figure out who came through the door. As they approach the front door they see Wanda shaking and tears streaming down her face.

"Oh my god, Wanda, what happened?" Steve asks with concern. Steve and Bucky both run to her side. Wanda flings herself into Steve's arms and buries her head in his chest. Small, muffled sobs emit from her. Bucky approaches both of them and gently rubs her back in a comforting manner.

"Shh, its okay. We are here" Bucky coo's. 

"Lets take her to my bathroom" Steve walks towards the elevator still holding Wanda close. Bucky calls the elevator and the three wait for it to arrive. Once the door dings and slides open they all step inside and head towards Steve's floor. Bucky gives a look to Steve almost saying 'this isn't good'. Steve nods in reply. They arrive at Steve's floor and they step in and walk towards his room. Bucky opens up the door and turns on the light to the bathroom. Steve sits Wanda on the toilet and closes the bathroom door.

"Hey, Wanda" Bucky softly calls her to attention and kneels down in front of her. "Could you tell us what happened?" Bucky asks carefully, not wanting to upset the girl anymore. She sniffles and looks towards the men in front of her. Her eyes all rimmed red and tear streaks over her cheeks. Her makeup is kind of smudged from burying her head into Steve.

"I..I was walking home from.. from the bar and.. and a man" She drops her head and begins to sob again as the memory floods her mind. Bucky holds her close and lets her cry into him.

"Shhh... shhh it's okay. Just tell us what happened and we can help." Bucky said softly. 

Wanda took a deep breath trying to compose herself so she could finish her story. " A man.. grabbed me into an alley and pushed me against a wall. He took my credit card and money. He.. He.." She trailed off and slid into Bucky's arms.

Steve knelt down and held Wanda along with Bucky holding her. Both Bucky and Steve clued into what happened after that. Steve was holding his anger back for the sake of Wanda.

"I got away but it was really scary, Bucky" She sobbed. 

"I know, doll. Don't worry, you are safe with us. I promise" Bucky reassured

"Wanda, can you sit on the toilet so I can clean up your cuts?" Steve reached for the first-aid kit

Wanda stood up and sat down onto the closed toilet. She watched as Steve examined her cuts on her arms. 

"Are there any more?" Bucky asks as he holds her one hand for comfort. She shakes her head no.

"Buck, do you want to get her heels off and go get one of my shirts?" Steve turned to Bucky. He nodded and undid the buckles on her red stilettos. He slid them off and then got up to go get a shirt for Wanda to change into. 

"This is going to sting, but for only a couple of seconds." Steve poured rubbing alcohol over the girls cuts. She pulled back a little as the liquid ran down her arms and into her cuts.