Chapter 1

For the month that fallowed, Oliver and I have grown close. He was able to gain a little bit of weight, but only grew slightly. He was a loving cat. Loved to curl up next to me while it slept, and wanted to play as much at he can.

As i walked down the street, Oliver close at my feet. My stomach growled. We were looking for something to eat, and were slowly starting to come up short the further we went. I thought New York being as big as it was, i thought wasted food would be easy to find. But the month being here i would go a day, maybe two with out food. Today was day two for me, and i was really starting to feel it. The sun was hot, and people walked the streets in a hurry.

"Im not sure where else to look Oliver." i say looking down. "Oliver?" He wasn't by my feet anymore or anywhere around me. I looked around, but all the people walking around, i couldn't see.

"Hey get outta here!" i hear a man yell. I fallowed the yelling hoping Oliver wasn't the one causing a scene. The yelling came from a large greasy man. Seeing his apron and the little stand that he was behind he was selling food. An smelling the air, it was hot dogs. It made my mouth water. "Get lost!" He yelled again.

I looked down at his feet and Oliver stood on his foot meowing. The man gave a kick and sent Oliver to the ground. "Hey back off!" I yell at the man. I quickly went and picked Oliver up from the ground keeping him in my hands. "He's just hungry."

"Yea well keep your beeast away from my stand." The man turned his back to me. "So unless your buying something, beat it."
My stomach growled smelling the food. "I dont have any money."

"Then your not my problem." The man started to serve someone, giving them a good looking hot dog.

"Come on man, i havent eaten in two day's, one hot dog isnt going to brake you." The man turned to me now, pointing his tongs at me.

"I told you to beat it. If you dont im calling the cops." The man tried to step up to me. "So whats it going to be?" I looked up and the man looked like he was seriuse. With gritting teeth i turn and started to walk the other way. "Thats what i thought."
"Asshole." i say as i walked.

"You picked the wrong guy to get a hot dog." A new voice came. I stopped and looked at the new comer. He was standing just outside of an alleyway, leaning on the side of the building. He had brown hair, and green eyes. His white shirt was clean, almost new, like his gray jeans, along with a read bandanna on his wrist.

"Get lost creep." I say.

"Whoa, hold on there." He held his hands up in surrender. "I was just watching you. And i think you need some professional guidance." He started to slowly walk around me.

"Professional?" i laughed. "For what? Begging for food?" He shrugged at me. "Would you stop walking around me?"

"How about, you and me team up." He stopped in front of me. He looked down at me with a smirk. "Change old Louie's mind about sharing some of those hot dogs?"

I shake my head. "And get the cops called? Yeah right." i looked him up and down. "And if you want one so bad why dont you just buy one?"

He put his hands into his pockets and pulled them inside out. "No money." He shoved his hands into his pockets again still smirking. "Never stopped me before."

"Funny you dont look homeless." Oliver meow at the man from my arms. The man reached over and scratched the top of his head.

"You're only what you think of yourself." He let his hand fall back to his side. "An relax, im an expert at these things. All you got to do is learn some moves."