Chapter 4

When we got back to the ship yard the three of us walked past their ship just a little further down. I help Dodger walk over to where the other were waiting.

"Oh Dodge." Rite looked at him sadly, seeing his beaten body.

"Hey Rita." Dodger smiled at her throwing an arm around my shoulders, like nothing was wrong. "They didn't lay a paw on me."

"Im glade your alright Danni." Einstein said with a small smile. I smiled back at him as Dodger told them of what happened. We all sat down and waited for someone to show. Dodger made sure to keep me by his side.

I handed back his bandanna. "Might want to wash it." i tell him as he takes it. "Probably has alot of sweat on it now."

"Im not to worried about it." he chuckles. He tied it around his wrist.

"Why do you keep that anyway?" i asked.

"It was my dad's. He said the day he bought it was the day he met my mom." He looked down at it. "Said it brought him luck."

"What happened to him?"

"Well, one night he gave it to me before he was about to leave for work. Told me it was going to bring me luck too. When he walked out the door, i never saw him again."

"And your mom?" Even though he had a smile on his face, i could see his pain.

"She couldnt handle the fact that dad was gone. While i was at school she ran off somewhere, leaving me behind."

Knowing the pain of someone leaving you, made me reach my hand out to his. I laced my fingers threw his, getting a light squeeze from him in return. He smiled a small smile as he ran his thumb over the back of my hand. His hand was so warm. I leaned onto him laying my head on his shoulder. I felt him lean his head over mine.

I looked over at everyone else. Tito was messing with something that was in one of the dumpsters. Franky and Einstein was playing cards with Rita. But Rita looked up at Dodger and I. She smiled at me and winked making me smile back at her.

"Guys look." Tito pointed over to where Fagin was standing. We all stood and looked over the dumpster. Fagin was talking to a little girl and a woman.

"Who's the other one?"

"Thats Georgette." Tito told me. "The love of my life." He sighed happy.

"The little girl sister. She helped us to get the cat." Dodge told me.

"Why?"

"She doesnt like cats." Rita told me.

We watched the 3 of them talk, not really being able to hear them. It seemed like Fagin was going to walk off with Oliver when the little girl held up a little pink piggy back. When the girl started to cry Fagin looked torn. The little girl turned away sitting down on a overturn bucket covering her face. Fagin turn an started to walk away but soon turned back around pulling Oliver out of his pocket. He walked back up to the girl, and when she turned to look at him Oliver jumped into her arms cuddling up to her.

I was happy that the little girl had gotten him back, and that she seemed to really care about him. But i also felt sad. Cause im loosing him. Before anything else could happen a loud engine roared.

"Its Sycks!" Franky said. Down the dock was a large black car. Fagin started to walk twords it waving his hands out.

"Fagin!" Dodger let go of my hand and ran out twords Fagin. I looked over seeing the little girl getting scared. I quickly jumped over the Dumpster and ran over to her.