prologue.

Millie didn't used to be like this, she was normal, she considered herself normal.

Well she considered herself normal until she was 13.

That's when everything started, this thing that fucked up her whole life.

It felt like it was the end of the world, well at least, her world.

She had a normal childhood, she had friends in England, she was happy.

But then, everything changed.

She moved to Canada, away from her friends.

She started having these "twitches" as her mother called it.

Millie would shrug her shoulders a little, it wasn't very noticeable.

But suddenly, those "twitches" grew into full body movements, because what started off as a small shoulder shrug, or repeatedly clearing her throat, had turned into something that looked like a seizure at times.

The first time this "seizure" happened, Millie's mother rushed her to the hospital, thinking Millie was dying, which she wasn't.

The doctors ran tests and they ruled out a seizure, they said it was probably a large muscle spasm and that Millie was ok.

They sent Millie and her mother on their way.

But Millie had a feeling this wasn't the end of whatever was going on.

And she was right.

Over the course of three months, those "twitches" became constant and more noticeable.

She had began making noises too.

She would whistle, clear her throat, make a clicking noise, and many more.

After months of those "twitches" and "noises", Millie's mother took her to see a doctor, concerned about her daughter.

And finally, Millie, at age 15, got diagnosed with Tourette's Syndrome.

It causes uncontrollable tics, which are movements and noises that happen involuntarily.

Tourette's is a life long condition, there is no cure.

And no, it is not life threatening.

Millie had heard of Tourette's before but never thought she could ever have it.

She felt like her world was collapsing.

This couldn't be happening.

She had been homeschooled her whole life and she had decided to go to school this year. This was supposed to be a good year, she was supposed to be happy!

How would she ever make friends?!

How would she ever get a boyfriend or do anything normal teenagers do?!

Millie had felt tears string the back of her eyes at that moment, nothing could cure her, there wasn't some special pill she could take to make it go away.

This was her life now, and she was stuck with it.

That night, Millie just laid in her bed, feeling numb, feeling alone.

She cried, she cried herself to sleep, she felt like she'd never stop crying.

She was 15, she was supposed to have her whole life ahead of her!

She was supposed to find love, get married and do extraordinary things in life.

But no, she can't now.

She can't do anything now.

Her life was ruined- well at least that's what she thought.