people.

Millie walked into school, willing herself to stay quiet.

But of course, she couldn't- tic- tic- tic-

She couldn't do anything without drawing unwanted attention to herself.

She felt all eyes on her. She wanted them to go away.

Of course, she couldn't control the tics. It was just part of her Tourette's.

She has a small list in her backpack of all her tics, and she just keeps adding to it.

Snapping her fingers
Hitting her chest
Whistling
Shrugging her shoulders
Clapping her hands together.
Head jerk

Well, those weren't so bad. The ones she hated the most were when she yelled words out loud. It was loud and it drew attention to her.

"Firetruck"
"Cats"
"Aliens"
"Biscuits"
"Mamma Mia"
"Jellybeans"
"Hello there"

Luckily for her, she didn't swear. Only 10% of people with Tourette's swear, a fact unknown to most.

Millie kept her head down as she walked into class.

"Ah, you must be our new student!" The teacher, Mr. Keery said

"Y-Yea, my name's Millie- cats! - Brown" millie said, instantly ashamed that she ticced. She was told her Tourette's wasn't something to be ashamed about, but who wouldn't be ashamed of it? She yelled things when she didn't want to, people stared at her.

"Is cats a nickname of yours?" An elf looking boy called out "I'll say, you're a pretty kitty"

"Quiet, Mr. Sartorius," the teacher said, "Anyway, why don't you take a seat, Millie?"

She nodded and as quickly and quietly as possible, found herself a seat.

"Hi! Welcome to the school!" A chirpy red head said beside Millie.

Millie glanced over at her "thanks" she mumbled.

"Well I already know your name, so you should know mine. My name's Sadie!" The girl, now known as Sadie said.

"Nice" millie rarely liked talking to people, she was shy, and everyone always asked her questions. She didn't want to be asked questions.

Oh god, she tried to hold the tics back but she just couldn't.

"-Firetruck!-"

Everyone looked at her, she could hear them whispering.

"What is wrong with her?" One blonde girl said. Her hair was so obviously dyed blonde, Millie noticed that immediately.

"Is she literally insane? if she is, she should be locked up" another said.

Millie covered her ears and rested her head on her desk. Why couldn't she have just kept her mouth shut for once?

"-Aliens!-" She ticced again

She felt tears sting at the back of her eyes. She couldn't be normal for five minutes, she couldn't keep her damn mouth shut!

Of course, when she started thinking about the Tourette's, it triggered her tics.

She started jerking her head around and snapping her fingers.

Still, everyone stared at her.

A student with curly brown hair raises his hand "Is she having a seizure?" He asked.

"N-No, I'm not," millie says, her voice timid.

She looked at Mr. Keery, who's standing at the front of the class room

"May I go to the washroom?"

Mr. Keery nodded and Millie rushed out of the room.

Tears fell from her eyes, clouding her vision. She hated this, she just wanted to be normal.

She walked past someone, not paying much attention to them.

A couple seconds later, she felt someone tap her shoulder. She turned around, and her eyes met the brown tall brown-haired boys.

"Hey, are you ok? You're crying" he asked, his voice careful and kind.

"Y-Yea, I'm Fine" Millie had responded, wiping her tears away "I'm just not having a great day"

"I'm sorry, we all have those days. It'll get better. Do you wanna talk about it?"

She shrugged, she knew this boy wouldn't want to hear all her problems, or even want to know her. He'd realize she was a freak and he'd abandoned her, just like everyone else.

"Ok, well, if you need anyone, I'm here. My name's Finn"

"I'm Millie"

~~~