32

I stared at him. Sitting on the boulder like I was just an extra lump. This is a part in life where other people would assume that in a time like this, i'd shaking and frightened. But I was frozen. Unable to move as if he had power over me.
The faint laughs and shouts in the background became an echo.

I wasn't sure which out of the three he was, but I was damn well sure he wasn't human. This is a vampire. Right in front of me. Probably about to kill me.

Meeting Minseok, and learning more about vampires, I never really saw them as an actual threat. Because the ones i've met so far wasn't exactly interested in killing me. But looking at this man now, seeing his stance, I finally realize the true potential of vampires.

This man could kill me and there would not be a trace.

I didn't dare speak. "You know..I like this town.." He started, staring at me. His voice was menacing, and every word flowed from his mouth. Scaring me. "..the scenery is beautiful. The trees to hide in, the clouds that cover the sun. All of it...gives me nostalgia.." He looked up at the sky. The grey clouds seemed like they weren't moving. Like I said, time froze.

My mind was blank, I didn't know what to think. All I was really worrying about, was not moving even the slightest muscle. It'd most likely risk an attack.

"What about you..?" He started walking around me in circles. "..don't you like this town..?" His voice sounded like it was all around me. First starting from my right ear, to behind me, to my back, forward, and so on. I squeezed my eyes shut.
"..don't you like the trees..the school..how safe you probably feel..how friends surround you and they smile in your face and you feel like you're living a dream..don't you like it here..?" His voice teasing a dangerous tone.
I feel like any minute now is where I die.

"..or..do you like the people better than here? You couldn't care less about this old town..you just want to stay for one reason..correct..?" I whimpered. "..that reason being because of multiple people? Hmm..maybe..one..person?" His voice stopped at my left ear. My eyes were still shut.

"What do you want?" I spoke up now, ready to get this over with.

"I'm a bit of a person to the extreme, i'm sure they've told you all sorts of stories about me. About us. Maybe things would've been different for you if you hadn't tagged along with your little team. But fate all came towards this to where there would be a moment in time when I try things a little different here."

Oh no..oh god..he doesn't mean what I think...right?

I actually started shaking now. How did things end like this? I was just coming here because Raina and Stacy invited me. It was just a little invite. How did it turn into my death? The end of my path?

It was deadly silent. I still felt his presence right next to me. It made my heart beat faster, in which, was not helping my case here.

Soon, I feel a cold hand on my face. His thumb went to my cheek first, and then his palm stretched over the bottom of my jaw and his fingers held the other side. I'd lost it now. Whimpers were coming from my mouth and I was terrified.

Screw waiting for things to get over with, I didn't want to die. Not now. Not leaving Minseok. And at that given moment, I wished nothing more than for Minseok to appear right now. Or even Chanyeol. Jongin, or even some random person to scare him off.

"Hm..interesting. You're skin is surprisingly soft. I haven't intentionally felt human skin this soft in centuries..makes me feel like sparing you...slightly." He took his hand away and I continued to sit there. Trying to take unnoticeable deep breaths in and out.