Prologue

Humans never cease to confuse and amaze him.

Sebastian stands tensely still, eyes holding a deep aversion and discomfort. He's uncertain and doesn't like it. So much so, he fails to notice his Master's empty and impatient cup of tea resting on the desk. "Apologies... Master..." his voice is trained to be kept soft, distant. Passive without assertion. Could you please repeat that?"

"Are you deaf?" He always sounds bored. He's speaking is a chore, especially when repeating himself. "I will be merging with the Tracey company. We will be moving to their Manor House after the season marks it's end. Alois and I have grown very close, Sebastian,"

Oh he knows. During the night his sharp demon senses pick up the euphoric moaning and wailing of the teenagers in bed. Sebastian wonders, is it technically COCSA? He'll never understand humans.

He thought, was even sure, that Ciel and Alois hard each other. A deep and intense rivalry set to separate their families for generations. So how could they grow this close? Was is how close their had nearly come to dying at each other's hands that weaved the passage for such a strong bond? When they were trapped inside the maze of Alois' mind, something happened between the two. Sebastian has sensed it then, but it makes even less sense to him now.

The line between hate and love is a fine one, and continues to blur. He can only be happy that as a demon, his emotions are much more sophisticated than that. Sebastian is much too proud to fall for, or even empathise with, someone he once despised enough to kill without regret. Humans. Oddities and yet so valuable. Unique in their own artificial ways.

This could be fun.