X

Steam rises from the damp tea cellar as  Sebastian and Claude circle one another like warring animals, teeth bared and snarling menacingly. The only sound remains the faint dripping from a distant leak and the ululating tapping of heels against hardwood. Sebastian is the first to speak. "Remember the last time I made a contract with you," he sneers. "You poisoned it from the beginning, why should I trust you now?"

"This is different from a mere blood pact," Claude reminds. "These kinds of contracts are not so easily breached,"

Sebastian nods his agreement to the contract, walking up and straddling Claude's good with his own. Placing his long, nimble fingers on the larger demon's protruding hipbones he thrusts against him, brushing his nose against Claude's neck, letting him smell his hot breath. He can feel the ghostly chains of Hell manifest from the underworld, summoned by their Love Contract. A marriage unionising the demons in a bond by unbreakable chains of the spirit.

The spirit chains appear only briefly before they fade from sight, but both demons still feel them. They will remain wrapped around the waist of both demons for eternity, clinging to one another and forcing them together in mind and body, whatever form they take.

They step away, the chains pulling tighter the farther away from one another they get. Sebastian smirks. "You're right, much less cleanup,"

"Now you get to fulfil your pathetic desires," Claude sneers disdainfully. "Your inane human concepts of love are now validated, and the contract prevents you killing me. What a perfect compromise, our mutually assured destruction,"

"I prefer to think of it as reciprocal altruism," Sebastian chuckles. "Shall we bear the news to our Masters, breaking apart their inevitable squabble?"

"Good idea," Claude decides, disdain replaced by dread. "Your Master is the less annoying of the two,"

*

They ascend to the first floor and Ciel's office to find the young Earl nowhere to be found, the collapsed Trancey curled up on the floor, crying and screaming in misery.

"Oh Claude!" He grapples, clinging to his butler's tailcoat with bunches fists, sobbing into his thigh. "It's so a-awful!"

"What's troubling you, Your Highness?" Claude inquires, keeping a steady monotone to his voice.

"It's C-Ciel, he's..." Alois sniffles, wiping tears and snot on his sleeve. "He's leaving me,"

Sebastian gulps down harshly. Leaving. Leaving Claude?! He strides quickly, the chains pulling tighter with each step he takes away from Claude, to his Maater's room where Ciel is packing. "There you are," he nods to the door. "Allow me to get my affairs in order and summon a trap. We leave at sunset, return to the Phantomhive manor by first light,"

"M-Master I-"

"Now, Sebastian," he orders tersely. "That little fool, he should have known his place in my life.  How pathetic, thinking I held him in higher regard than my own property,"

"You mean myself," Sebastian clarifies. "Because he wanted to rid you of me, you've ridden yourself of him,"

"Correct, now go on," Ciel instructs. "Until now I have been blind to how filthy this manor is, now my skin is crawling each second among this sewer,"

Sebastian nods and leaves the room, collapsing against the wall and trying to control his distress. He has never really liked Alois. On some occasions actively despised him. But resigning to a life without Claude may as well wrap the chains around his heart and pull until the organ shreds to pieces.

"Yes, my Lord,"

The end 😜 hope you enjoyed! I won't do a sequel but what should my next Kuro story be?