V

I'm having writer's block with this story 😨

So many days pass with the demons releasing their frustrations, their woes and the entrapment of their contracts through pleasure gained from each other. He most emails acts becoming commonplace, delving into a darker world the butlers, as advocates of evil, never thought humans would inhabit. Sebastian, as he collapses, covered in sweat, onto Claude, remembers something his Master said on a sunny day amongst the ruins of a workplace and the dreams of desperate circus folk.

"We're even more demonic than demons are!"

From what he has learned about humanity over the years, this is true. Humans remain the most vulgar creatures imaginable, moreso than vampires or ghouls or werewolves or even poltergeists, the lowest of the low - except maybe angels. Humans are more tolerable than angels. Demons, vampires, all creatures (except, it seems, humans) are honest in their cruelty. Dishonest to others, maybe, but not themselves.

Creatures admit to themselves when their actions, thoughts, desires, are to hurt and maim and destroy, ripping apart something figuratively or indeed literally. Humans, however, have a genetic default no other creatures contain. Denial. Delusion of the mind, forcing escapism in the form of justification, a precursor to the ruining of intelligence and the regression of human evolution. Something no other creatures worry about.

Angels do something different. They know they are deceitful, don't lie to themselves about that. But do lie to everyone else, maintaining some illusion to humanity that they are the pinnacle of benevolence. It sickens Sebastian as most demons, the reason he (and most demons) detests them more than reapers.

"What are you thinking about?" Claude asks as he scores his long black nails down Sebastian's chest.

The demons lie in Sebastian's bed together, huddled in the biting cold of winter under the scratchy maroon sheets. "I'm thinking we should get dressed," Sebastian reminds, sitting up reluctantly, putting to himself as he loses Claude's warm touch. "My Master doesn't like to be kept waiting for his morning tea,"

"Come now, it's barely dawn!"

"While your Master may accept your slack attitude, I assure you mine does not," Sebastian pulls open the heavy wardrobe doors, draping his arms into his long sleeves and applying his cuff links. Once dressed save the tailcoat, he crouches down, pulling out the drawer to expose a bed of six-month old kittens. On sight, they swarm him, nomming his fingers and purring, spreading their unique scent over his uniform.

"Why are you so obsessed with cats?" Inquires the still naked Claude.

"I could ask you the same thing about spiders," Sebastian retorts, clearing out their littler tray.

"No, that makes sense.  I am a spider," the larger demon explains. "You are a Raven. A bird. The mortal enemy of a cat, therefore your obsession makes so rational sense. You should hate cats,"

"And yet I love them," he smirks, pulling on his tailcoat. "What does that say about me?"

He leaves the room, Claude left to ponder the question.

*

Alois flops over the smaller body of his partner, brushing away the navy fringe to expose his beautiful contract mark. He doesn't understand why Ciel would conceal something so divine, a masterpiece of woven scripture rivalling the most complex calligraphy. "Mmm good morning my dearly beloved," he drawls, twirling a lock between his alabaster skin fingers.

"Where's Sebastian with my morning tea?" The Phamtomhive heir demands in annoyance.

"I was beginning to wonder the same about Claude," Alois hooks a finger in hug mouth, tugging on his lip in mock perplexity. "They've both been slacking in their duties lately,"

Speak of the devil and a demon appears, as Sebastian wanders in with a tray of tea. "Good morning Master, Your Highness," he bows before the bed. "I applied, but the spi- Claude, is otherwise engaged this morning. I shall be serving you both tea,"

"You?!" Alois snorts. "You don't even know what I like!"

"For Master, Earl Grey and for his Highness, lapsang sushong," Sebastian clarifies, making Alois shut his mouth.

"You were late this morning," Ciel chides. "What could you possibly have been doing?"

"Simply a slow start, Master," the demon pulls open the drapes, flooding the large pink bedroom in pools of bright morning sunlight. "I'll bring up breakfast for the two of you. I assume you'd like to eat in bed?"

"Yes, that's fine," Ciel dismisses him with a lazy wave of the hand. As soon as he leaves, Alois pouts up at the older boy.

"You're so serious this morning!" He squeals unhappily, his voice ringing shrilly around the bedroom. "What's wrong?"

"Something is going on with Sebastian,"