sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

Cyrus had arrived to school early in hopes to return Jonah's jacket to him. Ever since yesterday, he couldn't stop thinking about Jonah. Every minute all it was he was thinking about was Jonah. Jonah. Jonah. Jonah. His crush since middle school, that he hid away even to himself, was now reignited. Not only that, the feeling was potentially mutual. Jonah DID kiss Cyrus back, and come up to his room, so that's gotta mean something. Cyrus walked into school with Jonah's letterman jacket around his shoulders, he was wearing it. He surveyed all the hallways, looking for him to return the jacket. He noticed him in a corner surrounded by other baseball players. They were all talking and laughing within each other.

A smile grew on his face as he saw Jonah, but the smile was immediately washed away when he felt himself being shoved to the ground. His head nearly bounced off the floor. Looking up, Damon was towering over him with an angry look on his face, a fire burning in his eyes. His hands were balled up into fists.

"Where the hell did you get that jacket?" Damon scolded as Cyrus laid out on the floor.

Before anything could escalate, Jonah quickly ran over, pushing Damon back. "Damon what's your problem?"

"Look at this," Damon furiously pointed towards Cyrus. "Fruit stole somebody's jacket."

Pushing Damon once more, Jonah lended a hand out to Cyrus. Cyrus grabbed it, using Jonah's help to get back to his feet. He dusted himself off a bit, before quickly removing the jacket.

"I let him borrow it," Jonah scuffed towards Damon as he took the jacket, putting it on over the hoodie he was wearing.

"Why the hell do you hang out with this, loser?" Damon rolled his eyes.

"Well for starters, he's not a dick." Jonah's group of baseball players all let out ooo's while he walked away side by side with Cyrus. The two walking silently at first, until they eventually got far enough for them not to hear anything they could be saying.

"Are you okay?" Jonah asked, gently planting his hand on Cyrus' hand.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"I'm really sorry about him," Jonah empathetically said.

Cyrus wondered why Damon had such a hatred for him. In retrospective, he's never really had a conversation with him. No classes together. They're only real connection was both being friends with Jonah. Or... whatever Cyrus was with Jonah at this moment. He wasn't very sure. Neither was Jonah.

"Did I do something to Damon?"

Puzzled at first, Jonah quickly replied. "No. He's just... He's Damon. There's nothing really else to say."

The bell sounded, signaling it was time for first period. The boys both stopped in their tracks in the middle of the hallway while other students frantically walked passed them to get to whatever classes it was they needed to head to.

"Are we still driving together after school?" Cyrus asked. He had more fun than he expected getting driving lessons from Jonah---especially from what came after.

"Sure, but you've got to promise to drive over 10 miles per hour while keeping us alive."

Laughter came from both the boys, and they looked into each other's eyes. Cyrus couldn't help but notice an extra sparkle in Jonah's already bright eyes. Jonah began leaning forward, but was quickly brought out of a trance as a second bell rung.

"Better get going," Jonah suggested with a smile on his face. Cyrus nodded, and the two were headed their separate ways in the halls.

ᴀ/ɴ:

ᴏᴋᴀʏ sᴏ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴀs ᴀ sʜᴏʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ (ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟsᴏ ᴘʀᴏʙᴀʙʟʏ ᴛᴇʀʀɪʙʟᴇ), ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴍᴀᴊᴏʀ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇʀ's ʙʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴀs ᴏғ ʟᴀᴛᴇ...

ʙᴜᴜᴜᴜᴜᴜᴛ ᴀɴᴅɪ ᴍᴀᴄᴋ ɪs ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ, sᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ᴇxᴄɪᴛɪɴɢ ʟᴍᴀᴏ

ᴀʟsᴏ ᴛʜɪs ʙᴏᴏᴋ ʜᴀs ʀᴇᴀᴄʜᴇᴅ 1ᴋ ᴛᴏᴛᴀʟ ʀᴇᴀᴅs! ᴛʜᴀᴛ's sᴜᴘᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴏʟ ᴛʙʜ

ᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ɪ'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ɢᴏ ᴀʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʟᴜɢ ᴍʏ ɴᴇᴡ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ɪs ᴀɴ ᴏʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟ sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴘʀᴏʙᴀʙʟʏ ʙᴀᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏɴᴇᴛʜᴇʟᴇss ɪᴛ's ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅ!

ɪғ ᴜ ᴇɴᴊᴏʏᴇᴅ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴠᴏᴛᴇ, ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ!

- ᴇ ʟ ɪ ᴏ