Part 24

The next morning

Raman had hardly slept the whole night. He was terribly missing Ishita and Adi. He stood under the shower and thought of both. He missed Ishita, but he was not sure why. What were the feelings he had for her ?

She was the mother of his child and alone that fact, distinguish her from all the other women. She had all his respect. No other woman had been as close to him as Ishita. 
Ishita was different from all the women he had ever met. No woman ever demanded anything from him, they want fun, just like him.

But Ishita wanted more. She wanted a husband, a father for her child, a home, she wanted love and everything that belonged to it and he was afraid of it.

He felt pain, pain that he had hurt her a lot. He cried, he stood in the shower and the water mingled with his tears.

Had he fallen in love with Ishita? No! that can not be ! RKB did not fall in love! He did not know what those feelings were, he just knew he had to see Ishita and his son right now.
********************************************
Ishita sat at the table and drank her third cup of coffee. She had not slept the whole night and looked terrible. Her parents had asked what had happened between her and Raman. Ishita had told them that they had fought all the time and the marriage was not going well. Now, both need distance and that's why she and Adi would live with them indefinitely.

There was a knock on the door and Ishita knew it was Raman. She got up and said, "That will be Raman, he wants to see Adi. Please do not say anything about our separation to him, we'll fix that when the time comes. Let him spend time with Adi, before he goes to the office. I will go to the room. I'm not ready to face him".

Mihika went to the door to open it.
Ishita was right, it was Raman.
M: Jeeju , come in

Raman felt insecure, he had no idea what Ishita had told her family. He walked in slowly. Adi sat on Amma's lap and when he saw Raman, the boy squeaked and had a big smile on his face. Amma gave Adi to Raman and Adi put his head on Raman's shoulder.

Raman felt a stab in his heart. He gently rubbed his son's back and went with him to the balcony. Raman cried quietly. "Papa missed you so much" Ramen stood there for quite a while before he went back into the living room.

Raman looked around and searched Ishita, but she was nowhere. Raman did not know what to say, Amma asked him to sit down and drink coffee. Mihika served him coffee . Raman sat there with Adi on his lap and did not know what to say.

A: Raman , No matter what problems you have, you two have to sort it out.
R: I know,Amma
A: I do not know what went wrong between you two, but you have to talk, but right now Ishita is not ready for it.

Raman nodded...
Ishita did not want to see him ? was hiding from him ? He wanted to talk to her. 

Raman stayed awhile before he went to the office.

Mika came to ishita in the room. Ishita stood at the window.

I: Is he gone?
M: haan
I: Good
M: Akka, Is it serious?

Ishita didn't want to talk about Raman. She turned to Mhika.
I: Sorry Mhika, but I do not want to talk about Raman.
M: It's Ok Akka, but if you want to talk, I'm here for you.
I: Thank You baba
********************************************
Raman was sitting in the office and his thoughts circled around Ishita. He did not know exactly what he felt for her, but he knew one thing, he wanted her back. He wanted his son with him and he wanted Ishita back. He had to talk to her urgently, but she avoided him this morning.

Raman picked up his phone and wrote her a message.

Hello Ishita
Can we talk ? Please, I want to talk to you. I am so sorry! We could meet for lunch and talk. ...Please Ishita

Then Raman waits for an answer. After 10 minutes, he saw that Ishita had read the message, but there was no answer. He waited another 10 minutes. Nothing! He decided to call her, her phone was off.

Ok Raman understood, his wife ignored him. He ran his hand through his hair.
"Later in the evening I will go to Ishita and talk to her."

But Ishita was not there, he guessed that she was avoiding him and was in her room. For a week, he tried to talk to her. But she did not answer any of his messages or phone calls. Every time he went to Amma's house, she was not there.
When he asked for Ishita it was said, "She is asleep or she is with friends."

Raman was frustrated and desperate.
On sunday morning after trying to talk to her for 1 week,he had enough. He walked over to Anma's house. Ishita was in the room. He took Adi in his arms and kissed him then he gave Adi Mhika and went to Ishita's room. He turned around and looked at Amma and Appa and said, "Excuse me, but I have to talk to my wife."
Then he went inside.

Ishita stood at the window as the door opened and Raman came into the room. He closed the door and went to the middle of the room.

I: What are you doing here?
R: I want to talk to you
I: I don't want to talk to you Raman
R: Ishita,please
I: What do you have to say?

Raman took a deep breath
R: Please, come back to me
I: Why ?
R: I miss you
I: And now you have more to offer me than a week ago ?
R: I do not know, I still do not know what's in 6 months, but I know that I want you back.
I: No Raman, nothing has changed. I am comfortable for you. I understand that you want to have Adi with you and I promise you, that I will never withhold  him from you.

Raman went to her to the window. Ishita looked down. He raised her chin up with his thumbs, so she could not look away from him.

"Please "  Her voice barely a whisper.

He did not say anything,. Just looked in her eyes

To be continued