Part 43

Vandu's Birthday Party

When Raman, Ishita and the family arrived at the party, Ishita instantly spotted Shagun. What the hell did this witch do here? Raman noticed her expression and looked in the direction in which Ishita saw.He sighed.

R:  What is she doing here ?
I: I'll find out soon

Ishita handed Adi over to him and went straight to Mhika, who stood with Mihir in a corner of the hall. Mihika greeted Ishita with a hug, and so did Mihir.

I: Mihika, Can I just talk to you alone ?
M: Of course Akka

As the two stood alone in a corner, Mihika was a little nervous, she knew exactly what would come now.

I: What is Shagun doing here ?
M: I brought her here
I: I already thought so, so I ask you, What is she doing here?!?
M: Sorry,Akka  She saw that we were ready for the party and asked if she could come with us
I: And you have no mouth to say NO ? This is a family celebration and she is not part of our family. Just because you're related to her now, does not mean that we are
M: Sorry Akka
I: Sorry ? You know that whenever she gets the chance, she tries to get between me and Raman.

Mihir, who watching the two sisters from a distance, came to them.

MI: Sorry Bhabi, I told my sister that she could not come with me, but she did not stop asking and Mihika then said yes.
I: You didn't have to apologize, just a pity that you are more loyal to me than my sister.

Mihika looked down
MI: Do not worry Bhabhi, I'll keep an eye on Shagun
I: It's Ok Mihir, I can handle her

Ishita turned and left. Mihika felt guilty.

All congratulated Vandu, sang "Happy Birthday" the cake was cut and presented gifts.

Later, the older ones left and went home.
IshRa were lucky that Adi had fallen asleep. So he did not notice that Mr and Mts. Bhalla took him with them . Amma and Appa took Shrawan with them.

Some couples were on the dance floor and danced, also IshRa. Subbo watched the two, Shagun came to him.

SH: Appearances are deceiving.
SU: What do you mean?
SH: Not everything that shines is gold
SU: Get the point

Shagun pointed to Ishta, who was still dancing.

SH: Raman only married her, because she was pregnant.
SU: I do not believe that
SH: Oh, Why not ? Do you think she is Mother India?
SU: I know Ishita for years and she is not like that

SH: The two wanted to make everything believe, they are already married six month, but in truth, he only learned about her pregnancy when she was already six months pregnant. They had a one night stand.

SU: And how do you know all this exactly ?
SH: I am not stupid and can count one and one together. He quickly married her because of the child. Believe me, there is no love.

Subbo looked over to IshRa
SU: But that does not look like it
SH: They act, both are unhappy in this marriage
SU: Why are you telling me all this ?
SH: Because I see how you look at Ishita

Subbo sighed, "it's to late"
SH: No, you will make her happy. She does not love Raman and Raman does not love her.

Subbo said nothing and drank his drink. Shagun danced inwardly. ...

Vandu, Ishita, Raman and Bala sat together at a table.

V: I would like to throw this disgusting  person out. What did Mihika think ?
I: Relax Akka  Who is Shagun ?
V: Speaking of the devil, she comes straight to us.

Shagun stopped directly in front of Raman
SH: May I have the pleasure of this dance with you?

Before Raman could answer, Ishita did

I: No, You will not have that pleasure
SH: Says who ?
I: His Biwi

Shagun looked disdainfully at Ishita

SH: Why do not we let them decide for themselves, Are you afraid that he wants to dance with me ?

Ishita got up and looked into her eyes
I: Listen, I do not need to be afraid of you or any other woman.! I do not have to explain our relationship to you. You're just pathetic!

Shagun looked around with embarrassment.

SH: Everyone in the room knows why he married you, because ...
R: Enough Shagun!

Raman got up and held Ishita's hand up

R: Meri Biwi!  She alone, has the right on me.! I belong to her, stop running after me. I married the woman I wanted to marry. More explanations are you not worth?

Shagun did not want to satisfied for that
SH: Bravo, big words RKB, Do you love Ishita ?

Now Ishita got nervous
I: My husband does not have to prove to you, his love for me. Who are you ?

SH: That was a simple question, I'll bet if I asked this question to Bala, Mihir, or another man here in the hall ,would everyone answer YES, why is RKB dumb ?

Mihir had enough, he grabbed Shagun by the arm and pulled her around.

MI: Who do you think you are ?
R: It's Ok Mihir, She is nobody and deserves no explanation, but let me explain to her once and for all face to face with everyone here.

MI: You do not have to Bhai
R: I apologize to you Mihir in advance, In spite of everything she is your sister, but today I'll shut her mouth.

SH: Really ?
R: You are shameless and characterless! Runs behind a married man. I have a wife and child and I am not interested in any other woman, including you. Stay away from my wife, otherwise I can not guarantee anything.

R: Our relationship is not your business! Stay out! You're a frustrated woman who did not get what she wanted! I belong to Ishita and she is mine. Hamesha

Shagun was speechless. Raman looked at Mihir, "Sorry, for what is coming now"

R: Sorry, to everyone else and especially to my wife.

He turned back to Shagun, who would prefer to run away.

R: Maybe we had some nice nights together a long time ago. Actually, so long ago that I hardly remember. I was a different person,just wanted fun and no responsibility.

But today I am different, I have a family for which I have responsibility. I love being married and being a father. Ishita and Adi have changed my life for the better.

Shagun what we had was just fun who did not mean anything to me. You mean nothing to me! To be honest I do not remember any other woman in this regard anymore, because no one meant anything to me. The only woman that means anything to me is my wife.

Ishita had happy tears

R: I hope that was clear enough now
V: Yes and now leave my party
Mi: Come Shagun

Mihir grabbed Shagun by the arm and they were about to leave the party when Raman told them to stop.

R: You are not worth any explanation, but only to shut up your shame mouth
SH: What else ?

R: To answer your question, Yes, I love my wife!

To be continued