Baldi x reader

(This is similar to my story 'The English Teacher'. There are some differences though. Just wanted to make that clear.)

"Oh come on! Math is clearly the better subject!"

"Then why do students seem to enjoy my class more then yours?" The two teachers were at it again. Let me explain what's going on. Baldi was the Math teacher at the school and was very passionate about the subject he taught, always calling it the superior subject. Then a new teacher came along. y/n was the new English teacher and was just as passionate about his subject as Baldi was his. So it wasn't uncommon to see the two argue over which subject is better.

"My students do enjoy my class." Baldi states, giving y/n a death glare.

"Really? I hear they don't enjoy being slapped with a ruler." y/n retorts, crossing his arms. He was already informed about Baldi's actions towards the students. It didn't bother him much, but y/n would always bring it up during their arguments. Baldi's eyes widen slightly, but he doesn't reply. He just grabs his coffee and storms out of the teacher's lounge. y/n smirked and grabbed a bottle of water. The principal walked into the lounge.

"Let me guess. You and Baldi had another fight?" He guessed, already knowing the answer. y/n nodded with a smirk.

"You two really need to stop fighting. Can't you just agree that both subject are good?" The principal asked, moving over to the coffee machine.

"No way! I would never agree with that fool." y/n muttered before taking a sip of his water. The principal shrugged.

"Anyway, class s about to start." He reminded the teacher while walking out of the lounge.

Baldi's POV

I stormed down the hall, thinking about the argument I just had with y/n. He was so annoying! Always saying that English was the best subject. I can't believe him! But no matter how much I hated him, apart of me seemed to enjoy his company. I didn't understand it at all. I hated this guy, right? Then why do I feel so lonely when I'm not around him? Why do I get this weird feeling when I'm near him? I already talked to the principal, one of my only friends about this, and he claimed that I was in love with y/n. That can't be. He should be the last person I should fall in love with! But it wasn't impossible. I really need to think this over. The bell interrupted my thoughts. I quickly rushed down the hall, getting to my class before anyone else did. Students shuffled into the room and took their seats.

"Hello class! Hope your all ready to start the lesson." I said, putting on a smile.

y/n's POV

"Remember class, you have an essay do tomorrow. I can't wait to read them!" I reminded my class as they gathered their things. I left the room and walked over to the cafeteria. I walked in and looked around, smiling at all the kids running around and laughing. The principal was trying to calm everyone down, threatening to give them detention, but that didn't do much. I chuckled before walking over to the teachers table, which was in the corner near the BSoda machine. I stopped in my tracks when I noticed someone there.

"Fuck." I muttered, seeing Baldi already sitting at the table. Most of the time, Baldi stayed in his classroom during lunch, but the principal said all teachers needed to be in the cafeteria to help with the kids. Baldi didn't pay attention to me, since he was to busy writing something on a piece of paper. I just rolled my eyes and sat across from him. The table didn't have many seats, since we didn't have that many staff members. Baldi didn't look up from his paper. I took out my Zesty Bar, which was all I usually ate at lunch, and watched the principal yell at the kids. It was slightly amusing. The principal would attempt to catch a running student, only for the student to turn at the last minute, causing the principal to run into the wall. I laughed at the principal's failure. Someone behind me chuckled as well. I turned around only to see Baldi still scribbling on his paper, acting as if he saw nothing. I shrugged and turned back to watching the kids. The principal rubbed his nose and glared at me.

"A little help would be great right about now." He said, his voice showing no emotion, like always.

"No, you seem to have everything under control." I reply, smiling. He just groans and goes back to chasing the students. I then turned to Baldi. My eyes slowly traveled down, landing on the paper in front of him. Shockingly, the paper wasn't filled with math problems, as I first thought. It was actual writing. I tilted my head in confusion, trying my best to read the words although they were upside down to me. Baldi somehow noticed this and moved his arm to cover up the paper.

"I never knew you like writing." I said, trying to start conversation. This felt weird. Most of the time, we were yelling at each other over something idiotic. So it was strange to have a normal conversation with a guy I usually hate. Baldi stayed silent for a bit before replying with, "There's a lot you don't know about me."

"Can I see what your writ-"

"No!" Baldi shouts, before realizing how loud that was. A few of the kids stopped and stared at him in confusion, but shrugged it off.

"It's private." Baldi growls, still hiding the paper.

"Oh! Is it a love letter?" I ask in a childish voice. Baldi's eyes widen as his cheeks turn slightly pink. I knew it!

"Who's the lady?" I asked, trying not to get jealous. I knew I had a crush on Baldi, but I never told him. Reason being, he clearly doesn't like me back. Now I know what your thinking. I thought you hated him. Well, I did. Then my heart decided it wanted love, then this happened. Baldi looked to the side.

"It's not a girl." He says. So he's gay? Well then. I just nodded, still wanting to know who the note was for. The bell rung causing everyone to freeze before heading to their class. I through away my trash and left the cafeteria.

Timeskip

Finally. School is over. I sigh after watching the last student leave. I cleaned up a bit before turning off the lights and walking into the hall. When I closed my door, I saw a letter taped onto the door.

"Who the..." I shrugged and took the letter, examining it. It wasn't the nicest looking letter, seeing as it was crumpled. I decided to read in when I got home, so I placed in my bag and left the school. Once I got home, I instantly opened the letter, pulling out a note. The paper looked like it was torn out of a notebook. The handwriting also looked familiar. Wait. Was this the same paper Baldi was writing on earlier? No, it couldn't be. That's when I realized the signature at the bottom.

"I can't believe this." I muttered to myself. This has to be a joke. I quickly got my phone and searched for Baldi's number. The principal had the faculty exchange phone numbers so everyone could stay in contact with each other. It took a while for someone to answer the phone.

"Hello?" A nervous voice answered.

"Baldi." I began, looking over the note.

"You should've let me help. There are so many errors." I say, chuckling. It was true. I heard a chuckle on the other end.

"So, is it a yes?" Baldi questions with hope in his voice. The last sentence in the note was asking me on a date.

"How could I say no?" I reply. I hear Baldi laugh in joy. I laugh as well. This will be fun.

Well, this was horrible. I'm sorry you had to read my terrible writing.