7

I decide on black skinny jeans, a grey sweater, and some Ugg boots. I put on my diamond earrings and some pearl earrings. I wrap a pink infinity scarf around my neck, and I go to the bathroom, where Rosalie is.

I brush out my natural curls, and I look at how pale I've become since I was diagnosed with a heart condition. Carlisle says it has always been the rare heart cancer, that re doctors in Phoenix didn't to the proposer tests and procedures. A sarcoma is in one of the ventricles of my heart.

"Let's go." Rosalie muses. "You can ride with me today."

I get in the backseat of Rosalie's car,  because Alice has decided to ride with us. Jasper and Cody are riding with Emmett. We are doing this so that the other vehicles can rest.

I lean against Rosalie's car and notice Edward's silver Volvo park across the lot. He opens the door for Bella, smiling.

"Who does he think he is?" Rosalie scowls at Edward's arm draped around Bella's shoulder.

"What, is she better than us now or something" Cody asks, smirking. "C'mon, August. I'll walk with you today."

My first class flew by, I was talking to Jasper about my cancer quietly so Bella didn't hear me. Edward could, because of his vampire ways. He kept his mouth shut, despite the fact Bella know about the cancer. He doesn't want her blabbing to dad.

Carlisle says if the cancer doesn't kill me, a massive heart attack will. Rather I like it or not, I'm dying. I have had a bad heart for years, and it is what is going to kill me.

I sit in the bleachers in gym, Emmett and Cody are playing in this round of volleyball. Bella sits beside me. I finally let Edward tell her about the cancer, trusting her to keep it quiet because I will be changed by Carlisle.

"You look very pale, Augustine." Bella says.

"I feel horrible, Isabella." I say, she knows I hate going by my actual name unless it is formal.

Bella lets me rest my head in her shoulder, and we watch everyone play. Jessica and Mike are talking, they are finally an official couple. They deserve each other. Mike started out liking Bella, but then Bella turned him down to the prom. Mike asked Jessica then, and they're a couple. Prom will be a hit.

"Hey sweetie." Esme greets. "You hungry?"

"I'll just take some fruit," I reply. "I'm gonna go sit in front of the fire."

Emmett has just lit the fire as I go down to the foyer. I wrap a quilt around my shoulders, and I curl up in the arm chair. Emmett smiles down at me before he goes upstairs.

"Hey," Carlisle greets. "It's supposed to storm on Friday. Wanna go play ball with us?"

"I can watch," I reply.

"Of course," Carlisle smiles brightly. "Edward has invited Bella."

"I figured he would, they are finally together." I wheeze. "Carlisle, I feel worse."

"Your heart is getting weaker." Carlisle says. "I hate to say this, but be prepared for vampirism in a couple days time."

Jasper Hale.

I freeze at the front door as Alice, Cody, and I hear Carlisle say that. A couple days time? Is Augustine really that close to death? That close to becoming one of us?

"She will still be a Swan." Alice tells me. "Okay? At least for a while."

I nod. "I know."

I notice Augustine sobbing quietly when I enter the house. I lift her up with ease, and rest her back in my lap. Augustine buried her face in my neck, and she sobs a little louder. She is scared. She's gonna die very soon.

"Shh, I'm right here, love." I whisper into her hair. "Augustine, Shh."

After a few moments, her sons begin to lighten up but her grip on my top doesn't. I keep one around around her back, and my other draped over her legs. She has lost quite a bit of weight since I first met her. 

Rosalie walks in and she freezes at the broken girl in my lap. "Augustine...."

"Carlisle says for me to prepare for becoming a vampire without a couple days time." Augustine tells Rosalie, causing Rosalie to tense. "I'm dying, Rosalie." She says in a broken voice.

Rosalie pulls her up, and she hugs her closely. That earns a smile from me. Rosalie is never this close with a human. Since Augustine's first day, Rosalie has been nothing but loving and passionate of her.

Augustine Swan
After the awkward hug from Rosalie, Jasper flashes me up to my room before going to his own. I change into some flannel pajamas before climbing into my bed. My eyes close, and my dad sends me to dreamland as sleep takes over.