{Chapter 9}

"Hey uh, peaches I think I'm gonna go." It was Grayson, I knew it. I can't let Ethan see him, I promised! "Who the fuck is calling you peaches Audrey?" Ethan gets up to open the door but I shove him onto my bed.

"Yeah hold on I'm touching myself!" I scrunch my brows at my poor choice of words and run for the door. Slamming it behind me I take a deep breath praying Ethan doesn't try and open the door.

"Wow did you say you were touching yourself? Peaches that's very unladylike to admit." He arches his brow and smirks at me sarcastically and I slap his arm.

"Ethan's still here you idiot! He heard you!" He pulls me away from the door and farther down the hall so we can talk without Ethan possibly listening it. "It's almost 1 in the morning why is my brother still here!" He raises his voice slightly and brushes back his now messy hair with his fingers.

"The same reason why your hanging out with my brother! Because we are friends." I slap his arm again and make my way back to my room. But before I could Grayson lightly grabs my wrist and pulls me into a hug, it took me a second before I decided to hug him back

"Well I just wanted to tell you I was leaving, that's all. Have fun with Ethan, bye peaches." His voice seemed sad and somewhat hurt. As he starts to walk away I grab his hand and walk in front of where he had stopped.

I didn't have anything to say I just stopped him, I wanted to say something but I didn't know how. My mind couldn't think of anything, I was lost. Lost in his eyes, there was something about them that made it hard to look away. As if I couldn't.

Finally, my mind let words leave my mouth. Simple words but still words. "Goodbye, Gray." I let my fingers make there way up to behind his neck and hold him, with my face hidden in his neck.

Grayson's POV:

"Goodbye, Gray." Her voice was soft yet so strong, I couldn't move, I've never been entranced more by a girl in my life. Her fingers slowly made their way up my arms leaving sparks spreading through me, then she wrapped her arms around my neck. She was standing on her tippy toes and I was bent over slightly so I hugged her back and held her above the ground so I was standing straight.

Her sent of cherry and vanilla engulfed me and I was intoxicated. I could stay like this for hours, just holding her small body in my arms. She was so caring and gentle, I was scared that if I held her too hard she would break or if I did the wrong thing she'd disappear. Her grip on my neck got a little tighter and I felt her warm breath lightly fan my neck.

I set her down gently and let go, only holding her hands.

Normal POV:

He picked me up and held me tight in his arms, he smelled of strong cologne and it made me melt, his body was warm and inviting, I closed my eyes and held him a little tighter. Not wanting him to let me go and not wanting to let go of him, I felt his heartbeat, it was slow and calming. After maybe a minute of being held in his arms he put me down gently and held my hands.

Calmly and slowly, he cupped my face and kissed my forehead, "Good night Audrey." His lips were warm and soft. And with that he left me standing there, wanting more but not being able to have more.

-

"Audrey what took you so long! I thought you had left!" Ethan's words went through one ear and out the other. "Audrey are you listening to me!" He grabbed my wrist and shook me slightly, grabbing my attention

"Hmm, sorry I was talking to Jess he wanted me to go out and get the guys some food but clearly I couldn't go." I lied to him, thankfully I'm a quick thinker "Oh, well why didn't you let me say hi then?" His voice was impatient and I was getting annoyed

"OK, Ethan! I'll let my overprotective brother know that yours here at 1 in the morning, and if he asks how you got here ill make sure to tell him you snuck in through the window." My tone was sarcastic and I gave him that 'are you stupid' look.

"You know what I think I'm gonna go." He spat. I heard a car start but that wouldn't give Grayson enough time to leave, I had to stall him. But how though?

"Ethan wait." I was panicking. I didn't want to let Grayson down but I couldn't keep Ethan distracted for too long

"What Audrey." He rolled his eyes and I felt hurt that he was being so cold to me. "Can I at least get a hug?" He looked unfazed and kinda angry so I gave him puppy dog eye and he groaned

"God your so weird." He looked down and smirked at me pulling me into his chest. I look out the window and see a car drive off, he's gone.

-

As I lay in bed there's only one question in my head 'why the hell did I help Grayson?' I don't even know this guy and I lied to Ethan for him. And I hugged him, what the hell even was that what the hell was I thinking? It's like I knew him but I also didn't. 

Jess opens my door and turns on my light, "Hey baby sis." He sounded so tired. "Hey, Jess." He lays down next to me and we both just look up at the ceiling.

"So um, what-what are you doing in here." My voice was low and kinda raspy from not talking for a while. "Well I saw the craziest thing when Gray left, I honestly almost shit my pants." As he speaks he turns on his side so he's facing me.

My breath hitched and I felt my body get cold

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey lovelies! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

More to be posted soon!