Chapter 38

Ashton pov: “Open wide, sweetie.” I smiled readying the bottle." At four A.M. I was up feeding the girls. Melody woke up crying so Harmony woke up crying. I hadn’t slept in four days. While I fed Harmony I jingled a toy in front of Melody. I burped Harmony and laid her in her bed. “Of course, you both need a diaper change.” I changed their diapers and laid them in their cribs. I turned to walk away and they started crying again. For the tenth time tonight, I got them calmed back down. I waited five minutes and then got back up to leave. They started crying again. I cried with them. I feel like I can’t do it. “Melody please.” I sobbed trying to calm my daughter. “Harmony, baby no.” I lightly scolded as she tried to put play keys in her mouth. “Please, mummy can’t do this.” I cried bouncing them on my knees and rubbing their backs. The girls were lifted form my hands. Harry didn’t say anything. He put the girls in their cribs and sang to them. They finally fell asleep and when we left the room they didn’t scream. “Sorry for waking you up.” I sniffled. “S’okay. Are you okay?” I shook my head. “I can’t do it. I’ve been awake for four days. Harry I’m not cut out for this. I’m trying so hard, so hard that it physically hurts. I’m exhausted, I have a constant headache and my hair is always ten feet in the air from pulling at it and running my hands through it. I feel bad waking you because on tour you don’t get sleep so here you deserve all the sleep you can get-” “Baby, baby stop right there. Calm down. You are the best mum out there. You try so hard when other mothers would give up in your position. You’re doing just fine. I promise. Please calm down and relax.” Shirtless Harry laid down and motioned me with him. I laid my head on his chest and took a deep breath. “Everything’s gonna be okay, angel.” Harry said kissing my forehead. I snuggled up to him and kissed his chest because I was too lazy to scoot myself up to his face. Harry pov: I woke up with the girls this morning. I did everything in my power to keep Ashton asleep as long as possible. I fed the girls and changed them. They sat in their high chairs while I made breakfast. I still didn’t want to wake Ashton up so I saved her food and ate. I cleaned up and laid down with the girls. They both curled up on my chest. I closed my eyes and relaxed. A sound woke me up and Ashton was smiling. “What did you just do?” “I took a picture. It’s so cute. Hold on, I’m posting it to twitter and sending it to your mum.” I laughed. “You take too many pictures.” “There’s never enough.” I sat up and carefully carried the girls to their room. I turned the baby monitor on and went back down to Ashton. “Thank you for letting me sleep in.” She smiled cuddling up to me on the couch. “Any time, as long as I’m off, I’ve got the girls. They’re a handful, I know, but we’re gonna do it together. It’ll get easier. I promise. You’re so amazing and you’re an amazing mum.” She smiled and cuddled me a little tighter. “You’re gonna make me cry!” She laughed. “Sorry.” I kissed her lips. Her soft hand rubbed the hair on the back of my head. I gently pushed her backward and leaned over her. Her legs bent up. I pulled away upon hearing a baby cry. “Darnet.” She giggled. I got up and she followed me. “I got it.” I said. “Together.” She quoted me and I smiled. “Hi, shh, shh, it’s alright.” I cooed walking toward the crib closest to me. I picked Harmony up and Ashton went for Melody. We walked into our room and sat on the bed with the girls. They got changed and fed and they were happy babies again. “Smile for daddy.” I said poking her chubby cheek. Ashton laid Melody beside Harmony. They looked at each other and started laughing. Ashton and I laughed with them. “Does that mean they’re laughing at their own reflection?” I asked. Ashton laughed harder. “Oh my goodness. I hope not.” Harmony and Melody smiled at each other. “Can you sing like daddy?” Ashton asked with a laugh. Melody made a scream like noise and threw her fists around smiling. “We have a winner!” Ashton laughed. Ashton turned on my album and danced around with the girls. She was singing Half A Heart to the girls. I couldn’t help myself and I videotaped it. I vined the chorus and couldn’t help laughing. “Hey, get over here.” Ashton ordered. I took Harmony and we sang and danced for the rest of the day. Our family couldn’t be any more perfect. “I can’t get over their dimples.” I smiled. “They both look a lot like you.” Harry said. We had relaxed by now and were laying down again. The girls were fast asleep on top of us and we were too lazy to put them in bed. “You have to promise you’ll be okay when I leave again.” Harry nearly pleaded looking over at me. “I will, I’ll be fine. I’m getting better at the whole being a mom thing. I’ll be okay.” I pecked his lips. We finally put the girls in their cribs and got time to relax together for a while.