FOUR

❝THERE ISN'T ANY MUSIC, BARNES.❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

TO ONLY BUCKY, ON THE FEW OCCASIONS HE CAN SEE CARMEN, HE CAN SEE TELL SHE'S HAVING MIXED EMOTIONS. But he could tell that someone is definitely helping her with controlling it. What hurt Bucky most, is that it's not him. He sometimes gets all too busy which is why he only sees Carmen very little. So instead of him helping Carmen cope, one of his good friends, David Earl did.

   David Earl is a very handsome soldier, and someone Bucky has very much so befriended. Him and David have their own 'group' of friends. But out of them all, David and Bucky know Carmen the most. The rest of their friends know Carmen as 'the pretty nurse that David fakes injuries to see.' Which explains how Carmen and David got to know each other. But it's thanks to Bucky that the two even met.

It was when Carmen and Bucky had the littlest of free time and decided to check in on each other. The rest of Bucky's friends had noticed, basically forcing Bucky to introduce the girl. The second David saw Carmen's smile, the boy was whipped. Of course, it made Bucky jealous, but he wasn't just going to let that show. He'd hid his infatuation of the girl from everyone - including Steve, and excluding Louie who can keep a promise - he wasn't just going to let David's silly crush expose it. Besides, this isn't the first time someone Bucky knew has had a crush on Carmen.

   So moments like now, where Bucky even got the littlest of free time with her, he cherishes it. "How do you think Steve is? Has he written to you at all?" Bucky asked while drinking water from a canteen. The two sat on a large rock they found.

   Carmen played with the tips of her fingers. "No, I figured he'd be writing to you." As she spoke she stared at her nails. They seemed so bland now, her nails used to be filled with a vibrant color of nail polish. Now they're just plain, and all the dirt and dried blood from underneath her nails now visible. The longer she stared at her nails just resulted in her picking at the underneaths of them. Attempting to get everything out.

   "Maybe he's just busy," Bucky told her while scrunching his eyebrows, and watching Carmen pick at her nails. "Have you gotten any letters at all?" Bucky questioned, still watching the girl try to get the dirt and blood from her nails.

   Carmen simply shook her head and glanced at Bucky. "I think Louie and my mom are just busy with dad. But that's all good and fine, I know they'll write soon. They've gotta." She glanced back down at her nails but continued to speak to Bucky. "How 'bout you?"

   "Not from anyone important. Just Bonnie, but I don't think I like her all that much." Bucky admitted.

   "Really?" Carmen questioned with a pause. "I thought you did? It quite seemed like you did at the World Exposition. I don't think I've ever seen you smile so hard when dancing with a girl." Her thoughts drifted to that night. While Bucky danced the night away with Bonnie and Connie, Carmen made sure to dance her heart out with Louie.