EIGHT

❝YEAH, I KNOW.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

CARMEN SPENT DAYS UPON DAYS BEING TAUGHT BY BUCKY AND STEVE HOW TO USE A GUN AND FIGHT. They trained her as best as they could, though Steve invited her as medical reasoning, he knows the girl all too well. There's no way in hell she was just going to let all these men protect her when she's just as capable of protecting herself. And of course, she proved that true, only a week after she had started her training Carmen had gotten the hang of it pretty quickly.

   She wouldn't tell Bucky or Steve but she assumed it's because of all the anger and hurt she has hidden deep inside of her right now. Of course, she could tell her boys but, Carmen never wants to burden her own problems on those she loves. And she loves Bucky and Steve more than anything, but than again Carmen has a lot of love in her heart that she needs to give out. But one person she will never give her love-filled heart to is David Earl. Not only has the man pissed her off on multiple occasions, she now has confirmation that he's not to be trusted.

This is why she's more than grateful that since leaving with Steve to back him up, she hasn't seen David since. And she doesn't want to see him ever again. But despite that, one person she really wants to see again is Theo. Carmen has so many questions for the seemingly terrified and captive girl. Even if she saw Theo again, Carmen would never be able to ask her questions. She would feel all too selfish because none of her questions were about the safety of Theo, but the safety of Louie. Was that even her being selfish?

But for now, with her heart held high that Louie is still safe, Carmen stood in the snow on a mountain next to some of the other soldiers, and ignored every little personal problem at the moment and focused on the current problem at hand. Which honestly was just nonstop fighting until the group got as many Hydra soldiers dead as possible.

Bucky was the first to speak with a smile, "remember when I made you ride 'the cyclone' at coney island?" Bucky asked Steve.

"Yeah, and I threw up?" Steve replied before continuing his statement, "I still think it was Carmen who got me sick and not the ride."

Carmen scoffed, "love you too, Steve."

The three best friends looked out on the mountains where a zip line was set up. Bucky took a nervous swallow and asked again, "this isn't payback is it?"

Steve let out a small laugh, the laugh was so small you had to of paid a lot of close attention to hear it. "Now why would I do that?"

From behind the trio one of the howling commandos, Gabe, interrupted. "We were right, Dr.Zola's on the train." He explained, "Hydra dispatch gave him permission to open up the throttle. Wherever he's going, they must need him bad." Steve gave Bucky and Carmen a knowing look before putting on his helmet and approaching the zip line.