Ch. v- Phones and pies.

You woke up with a start, shooting up in your bed. You could feel your body covered in a cold, clammy sweat as you breathed shakily and heavily through your nose. You could feel pinpricks of tears in the corner of your eyes as you willed yourself not to cry. You didn't exactly remember the nightmare itself, you just remembered a lot of yelling, fighting and being chased, and then your body being submerged... "That's enough," you shivered, "No need to think about it any longer."

You took a few minutes to slowly calm yourself down. Once you were breathing at a normal pace, you paced out of your bedroom and into the kitchen, "4:17. No use trying to fall asleep now."

You glanced around the room, your eyes finally landing on the giant pile of dishes in the sink. "I will. But coffee first." you said quietly to yourself. You reached up and got your favorite mug; it was a space mug with stars decorating the handle. You started the coffee maker as you washed your hands and opened the dishwasher. The smell of rich black coffee filled the air as you put the clean dishes in the cupboards as quietly as you could; which, to be honest, still wasn't very quiet. By the time you had everything unloaded the coffee was done. You closed the dishwasher and hopped up on the kitchen counter, sitting cross-legged on it as you poured yourself a cup. You blew on it and took a small sip, indulging in the utterly bitter flavor.

It wasn't long before you heard the first boy stumbling down the stairs groggily in the darkness, "I smell coffee. Who's in there already?" A thick french accent spoke.

"Yo, it's just me, Laf." You say as he walks into the kitchen. He nods and flashes you a smile as he reaches over your body to get a mug.

"Laf?"

You shrugged, "Just a nickname. I was trying to think of one for everyone. Is it okay to call you Laf?"

"I don't mind; but (Y/n), mon amie, you were not the one I was expecting. What are you doing awake at such an early hour?" The french man asked curiously.

You shrugged, "Eh, I didn't sleep very well. I had a nightmare; I can't actually quite remember it, but i know it must've been pretty bad." You drank the last of the contents in the mug. You debated whether or not to get a second cup as you looked down at the pot, "Anyways, I guess I could ask you the same thing. Why're you up at the asscrack of dawn?"

Lafayette hesitated, "It still feels so odd to hear a woman cuss like that. Especially as much as you."

You hadn't even realized the fact that they may have been uncomfortable with your cussing. You frantically tried to apologize, "Oh my gosh, I hadn't even thought about it! I can try to stop if it makes any of you uncomfortable!"

Lafayette just laughs, "Non, non, no need to do that! I merely meant I was not used to it, not that it was uncomfortable!"

You nodded and took a long sip of your coffee. "You avoided my question though."

He froze for a moment. "Ahh... I suppose did, didn't I? I am afraid I am awake for similar reasons to you."

You nodded, not wanting to intrude. "More coffee?"

"Save some for me!" Hercules said, walking into the kitchen.

"Hey Herc." You said, "Yeah, that's right. Herc. I'm trying to make nicknames for all of you. You like it?"

He shook his head, "I don't just like it, I love it!" You handed him a mug for his coffee. "Though I didn't really take you for an early riser— either of you." He said, noticing Lafayette sitting at the table.

"Didn't sleep well," you said in sync. He shrugged.

It wasn't until nearly three hours later that everyone else was awake.