Chapter 4- New Home

I woke up soon enough, it was already dark by the time I had come to my senses.

I looked around and didn't see anybody until Mr. Tsukauchi came into the room with files at hand.

"Your awake?"

I looked at him for a second before nodding carefully.

He sighed before sitting in a chair behind the desk in front of me. He set down the files tiredly and looked me in the eye.

"So. Before we tell you where you'll be staying...-"

He paused, looking at me worriedly before continuing,

"-...what are your thoughts on heroes?"

I choked on my breath and started laughing.

Mr. Tsukauchi looked at me for a second, taken aback.

"They're awesome! Have you seen em'?! Like All Might! Did you known that he actually saved over 100 people five years ago! It was an incident with the-"

I went on a ramble about All Might and his quirk.

Mr. Tsukauchi coughed for my attention.

I came to an abrupt stop and looked up shyly to see that he was looking fondly at me with content eyes.

"Well then, I suppose there won't be a problem with where you'll be staying then?"

My eyes widened, mind jumping to every possibility.

"I could only hope you know the hero Endeavor?"

Mr. Tsukauchi looked at me playfully as my eyes lit up.

"Endeavor?! As in THE Endeavor?!"

"Of course. The one and only."

I stopped. Not for any bad reason. But I thought I really needed to calm down, I always got way too hyped when heroes were the topic.

"B-but what's that got to do with where I'll be staying?"

"When we were looking for new legal guardians for your safety, it was rather difficult because nobody really had room for a 14 year old boy."

I looked down, mildly nervous.

"And eventually we ran out of strong, trusted civilians to look after you. Then, we ran to our next resort...-"

"Heroes?" I suggested quietly and excitedly.

"Yes." he confirmed.

He continued after clearing his throat,

"It wasn't nearly as difficult to find somebody this time around. Enji Todoroki, Endeavor, already had a son around your age. He gladly volunteered to look after you as well. We went through all the paperwork as quickly as possible, and now there are only a few things you need to sign."

I shakily nodded, only slightly managing to keep myself from screeching at the top of my lungs.

----------

I had finished all the paperwork, it's early morning, and now I'm waiting for the arrival of Mr. Todoroki to pick me up.

I was sitting down, thinking of many things, but nothing specifically.

I eventually came across the remembrance of my streaming channel.

'I'll have to put up a hiatus note-'

I didn't finish my thoughts before a loud knock came to the door of the office.

"Hello?"

A deep voice came from beyond the door.