Chapter 1

"Get away from me!" Marinette yelled, holding a hand over her head in a distressed manner.

Adrien stood across from her, a frown visible on his face. "Why? I'm only trying to help!"

"You could never. This is my dream, not yours!" Marinette argued back.

"Well, I... uh, I..." Adrien stuttered. He immediately fled to the script in his hand and began fluttering through the pages.

"Cut!" Ms. Bustier yelled. "Everyone please turn to page 32."

The literature class flipped through their scripts until they landed on the page.

Adrien chuckled slowly and mumbled, "Sorry."

"It's fine," Ms. Bustier smiled sincerely. "You two may sit." Her eyes then fluttered to Kim and Ivan. "Thank you, boys. Your story was very... interesting. I'm glad Adrien and Marinette could reenact it for us."

Kim just gave the teacher a thumbs up and a toothy grin.

Ms. Bustier redirected her attention to the class and clapped her hands together enthusiastically. "Now, who would like to reenact Adrien and Marinette's story for the class?"

Rose's hand shot up first, then Nino's and then Alya's.

"Rose and Nino! Thank you," Ms. Bustier called.

"Uh oh," Adrien whispered, nudging Marinette who was sitting beside him.

Yes, their story was horrible. Did Marinette feel bad for her classmates that were about to read it in front of everyone? Absolutely.

But between fighting crime as Ladybug and spending as much time with Adrien as possible, she didn't have time to work on projects like she used to.

Adrien equally had trouble getting work done on the script. He still modeled for his father's company somehow, even after all that went down between him and his father.

Between modeling, hanging out with Marinette, and his other duties, Adrien was stuck in the same boat as his girlfriend.

Nonetheless, Marinette was still interested to see how her friends would pull off their hastily made script. She scooted in closer to Adrien and rested her head on his shoulder.

The past 6 months were perfect.

Marinette hadn't seen Louise since the fiasco at the airport, nor had she sabotaged her parents business, so that was comforting.

Of course, Adrien had plenty of connections to make sure that would never happen in the first place.

Meanwhile, fighting crime as Ladybug and Chat Noir returned to normal. No longer did she detect the tension anymore. In fact, the air between the duo seemed lighter and happier in a way.

Everything was perfect.

"Aww, couple goals," Alya smiled, turning around in her seat and whipping out her phone.

Marinette raised her hand and covered her face with it. "Stop," she laughed just as she heard the click of a photo being taken.

"Going on the Insta," Alya chimed.

"Oh, come on," Marinette smiled, slapping her friends shoulder. "Give me that."

"Girl! It's been 6 months, it is about time you make your relationship with Adrien, you know, public!"

Almost everything was perfect.

No, her classmates did not know of her relationship with Adrien, except Alya, Chloe, and Nino. They were the only ones who knew.

Marinette intended to keep it a secret because of Louise. A part of her was still afraid of that manipulative little brat.

"Girls! Please pay attention!" Ms. Bustier demanded. Nino and Rose were pitifully performing Adrien and Marinette's rubbish of a story.

"Sorry Miss," Alya replied, facing forward again.

Marinette lifted her head off of Adrien's shoulder and cleared her throat. She leaned in closer to the back of Alya's head to answer her question. "I just don't feel comfortable about it... yet."

Marinette leaned back into her seat and it wasn't even a minute before her phone vibrated. She peered down at the screen. It was a text from Alya and it read:

What are you hiding?

The text surprised Marinette, causing her to sharply inhale air. In the process, she breathed in some saliva and this sent herself into a crazy coughing fit, trying to rid her lungs of the present liquid.

Adrien quickly placed a hand on her back and glanced at her concerningly. "You okay, Mari?"

Ms. Bustier was visibly annoyed now, and she turned her head towards the source of the noise. "Please get a drink, Marinette."

Marinette nodded and stood up to exit the classroom, coughing lile crazy. She didn't really need a drink, she just wanted out of there so she wouldn't serve as a distraction anymore.

She slipped out of classroom with ease, coughing smugly outside the door. Finally, she rid herself of the saliva in her lungs and could finally breathe normally again.

Her eyes were blurred with tears from all the coughing, but they quickly cleared up.

Standing there in the hallway, she noticed a tiny folded piece of paper on the floor. She didn't care about it, until she noticed there was a familiar face peeking out from the corner; Adrien.

Marinette immediately knelt down and picked up the picture to unfold it. Her heartbeat quickened as she knew this was a sure sign from Louise herself.

The picture seemed normal; Adrien modeling in his latest summer photoshoot, except there was writing in the bottom left corner.

Her heart dropped and she felt lightheaded.

The rushed handwriting read:

When are you going to tell Adrien you're Ladybug? :)
xoxo, J

Marinette hastily crumpled up the photograph and shoved it into her bag.