Chapter 4

Marinette walked down the sidewalk with Alya towards the library. They had a huge physics test to study for the next day.

"Soooo," Alya mumbled beside her. "Anything new with you and lover boy?"

"Not really," Marinette laughed, clutching the straps of her backpack. "Just living life, I guess."

"Well. I don't know if you know this, but Nino and I are kinda a thing now," Alya smiled.

"That's awesome!" Marinette jumped up and down. "It's about time. I knew it would work out between you two."

"Yeah, once we got past the whole awkward stage, it was nice," Alya nodded. "Speaking of which, we should have a double date tonight!"

"We should," Marinette nodded before really thinking. Was it right of her to agree to a date when someone knew her secret identity, especially if that person was Louise? She took back her agreement. "Uh, I mean, what about the physics test tomorrow?"

Alya waved her hand in the air. "Psh, we can still study today. A date is a date, girl. It'll be fun."

Her friend was right. And in any case, she just wanted a break from it all. It was just going to be one date. What could happen? This person that knew her identity certainly would've done something by now. Maybe they chickened out?

Then again, if it was truly Louise, she never backed down from a fight-

"Ask Adrien," Alya said, interrupting her thoughts. "If he says yes, which I'm sure he will, meet us at Cezembre Restaurant at 8 pm."

"Okay," Marinette nodded hesitantly. She pulled out her phone and texted Adrien. Then, her and Alya headed inside the library to study.

"It's going to be a fun night!" Alya cheered.

*

Gabriel shot up from his chair, smacking his palms on the desk in an act of desperation. For years he had wanted to uncover the secret identity of Ladybug and now, he was finally able to.

He was so close to fulfilling his ultimate desires. Once Ladybug's miraculous was obtained, taking Chat Noir's would be child's play.

"Who is it?" he asked quickly, his eyes intently focused on Louise.

She remained quiet, grinning amusingly. It was entertaining to see Gabriel Agreste, the big bad fashion designer, groveling at her feet. She saw the desperation in his eyes and would be a fool not to use it to her advantage.

Louise wagged her index finger in the air. "I don't think so," she teased. "I'm not spilling anything until you do something for me. After all, the information I have is pretty valuable."

Gabriel leaned back in his chair, his eyebrow raised, as if considering her proposition. His eyes then fluttered down to the two miraculous laying on the table and he moved to grab then.

But Louise was already anticipating this move. She reached over the table and snatched the Peacock miraculous off the table before Gabriel could grab it.

"What do you want?" Gabriel growled, his voice laced with annoyance.

Louise tossed the Peacock miraculous in the air, back and forth between her hands. She grinned. "I want you to akumatize me."

"Not happening," Gabriel said promptly, standing up. "We had a deal, Louise."

"Fine, then you won't get to know who Ladybug really is," Louise shrugged, holding up the miraculous. "Look, I'm a simple girl Gabe. All I want is to he akumatized so I can seek revenge against my enemy. That's all. After that, you'll get your prize."