Chapter 6

Serpentina lifted up Adrien's chin, smirking at the terrified look on his face. He pulled away, wincing at the hunger in her eyes.

"You're mine," she whispered, pink venom dripping off her tongue.

Adrien closed his eyes, thinking about Marinette. Her smile, her bluebell eyes. How much he loved her. Perhaps these thoughts would counteract whatever spell Serpentina would cast on him?

"Stop!" a loud voice suddenly boomed, causing Serpentina to turn around.

Adrien opened his eyes in surprise, recognizing the voice he knew so very well.

Gabriel was approaching them, his hands in his pockets. He lowered his glasses, staring intently at Serpentina.

Serpentina pulled away from Adrien, smiling playfully at the serious man. "Look who it is."

Adrien struggled, trying to free himself. "Father, get out of here! She's going to hurt you!"

"I won't let that happen. Not to me, or to you, son," Gabriel answered calmly. He stopped walking and planted himself in front of Serpentina. "Let him go."

"Not happening," she replied. "He is my Prince."

Gabriel chuckled dryly, now pacing in front of the akuma. "Drop the pathetic act. You wouldn't be here without help."

The air thickened considerably as Serpentina processed his words. She smirked. "You're right, thanks so much, Hawkmoth."

Gabriel remained calm and collected, his eyes slowly glancing over at Adrien to gauge his reaction; and it wasn't good.

The boy felt his world crashing down on him. His father couldn't be Hawkmoth... a terrible, ruthless, unforgiving supervillain! Adrien widened his eyes, swallowing the lump in his throat before yelling out, "Did she just call you Hawkmoth?"

"It's not as bad as it appears to be," Gabriel answered, unswayed by Adrien's flustered emotions.

"Of course it's bad!" Adrien screamed, his face turning red. He then started his angry rant.

"You've put everyone I love in danger just for a couple of ancient jewelry! What kind of a father does that? And then keeps it a secret from his own son, nonetheless? I will never forgive you, father! Nothing in this world could justify--"

Pink venom shot out and splashed on Adrien's chest. He stopped his rant, looking down at himself. The world became fuzzy and suddenly he felt very dizzy...

"Fa..ther," Adrien mumbled, seeing two Gabriel's standing in front of him, before falling unconscious.

Serpentina grinned, crossing her arms. "You owe me big time."

"What did you do?" Gabriel asked.

"I put him under a spell. He will now forever be in love with me," Serpentina answered simply, ordering her servants to put Adrien down. "And I just stopped his little rant for you. You're welcome."

Gabriel paused, looking down at his unconscious son. "Will he remember anything that just conspired if the spell is broken?"

"Nope," she replied. "That is, of course, Ladybug captures my akuma and frees him. But that won't be happening."

"Good," he nodded. "I can't afford to let my secret out."

"Speaking of which," Serpentina continued, "If you leave me alone, I won't tell anyone about you being Hawkmoth and we can be all square. Deal?"

"Deal." They shook hands on it, and with that, Gabriel turned around and walked away. But before leaving, he paused, looking over his shoulder. "If Adrien breaks free from your spell, there will be hell to pay."