Chapter 1

I had been at the park for a few hours, and was still a bit conflicted. I had spent most of my time muttering to myself, and the people passing me often gave me weird looks, but I ignored them. It was dark by now, and I was sitting on the same bench. I hadn't moved a muscle for the two hours I'd sat here. I had begun to cough and shiver, but I ignored it because I wasn't ready to go home yet.

I continued to sit there alone and mumble to myself.

"You seem stressed. I'm here if you want to talk."

Choi Seungcheol stood behind the bench on which I was siting. I had come to the park to get some quiet, to organize my thoughts and sort things out. And here was the person who was causing this confusion, offering me help. This made me even more confused.

Seungcheol was still standing behind the bench, with his hands in his jean pockets. He was wearing a white t-shirt with a blue jean jacket and black jeans with white sneakers. His black hair was messily swept over his forehead, as if he had quickly run his fingers through it instead of brushing it. He looked down and gave me a small smile, but he looked almost sad.

"Would you like to take a walk?" He walked around to the other side of the bench to offer me his hand. I gave him a small smile and took his hand.

It was already dark at the park, so we were walking by the light of the streetlights. It was fairly warm, as we had just begun our summer (it was the middle of June), which is why I wore jean shorts and a teal shirt I had gotten while on vacation last summer. But when we started walking it became breezy, so I tried my best to hide my shivering and coughing from Seungcheol, knowing he would give me his jacket if he saw.

As we walked it was fairly quiet. We were both silent for the most part. But it wasn't a tense silence, it was a peaceful silence, as we both had things to think about, so we didn't say much to each other. The streets of Seoul were busy, as the nightlife here was quite vibrant.

As we walked down the dimly lit path, we didn't talk much. Seungcheol held my hand with his right hand, and his left hand was tucked away safely in his pocket. It was getting colder by the minute, and I could only stifle my coughing so much, before I coughed loud enough for him to hear. he immediately turned to face me, and placed his hand on my forehead, his face held a look of concern.

"You've got a fever. Why are you out here, its too cold! I'm going to take you home and you need to get some rest," he insisted, before wrapping his jacket around me and placing his arm around my shoulders. I could feel my cheeks get warm, I was definitely blushing.

"I'm fine, we can keep walking."

He shook his head and sighed.

"I wish you had told me sooner, I would have taken you straight home. I'm sorry, for not noticing."

That's when I turned to face him.

"Don't apologize, it's not your fault. But it is getting late, so you should probably go home." I began to take off his jacket and hand it back to him and he stopped me and put it right back on my shoulders.

"The jacket stays. You're already catching a cold. Please keep it on. For my sake."

I nodded, and we continued walking in the direction of my house. I only lived five minutes away from the park by foot, so I came here often. Seungcheol also came here often because we lived in the same neighborhood.

Before I knew it, we had reached my doorstep. I smiled and Seungcheol and thanked him for bringing me home. I then handed him back his jacket. He grinned at me.

"No need to thank me, it was my pleasure. Also, I don't think you should be out at this time by yourself. I would have been worried if anything happened to you."

I looked down at my watch to see it was almost 10 o' clock. I promised him I wouldn't be out by myself at this time anymore, and before he left, he leaned in to give me a hug. It was a warm embrace, and he smelled like vanilla. I felt safe in his arms, and I never wanted the hug to end. But before I knew it, he pulled away and was walking back down my driveway and in the direction of his house. He lived in the same neighborhood, but his house was farther down the street.

He had just passed my neighbors driveway when I saw another figure, a bit taller than him, and more muscular, approach him. I walked halfway down my driveway to make sure the figure continued walking instead of stopping at Seungcheol. But he didn't. I watched from afar as the person grabbed Seungcheol's wrist and yanked him forward, something falling out of his hands and onto the ground next to his feet. He was loud enough that I could hear him from where I was standing.

"What do you think you're doing?" The figure was wearing a black hood so I couldn't see his face.

"Please let go of me." Seungcheol sounded like he was trying to keep his calm, but his voice wavered a bit towards the end of his sentence.

"I don't EVER want to see you near her, do you understand? WE MADE A DEAL!" The person had now grabbed Seungcheol by the collar and pulled him closer. I hastily made my way to the end of the driveway, hoping the person would see me and let go of Seungcheol.

"HEY LET GO OF HIM!" I yelled as loud as I could. The person looked at me for a moment, and then let go of Seungcheol and shoved him.

"Go inside Y/N, I don't want you getting hurt," Seungcheol said, his fists clenched.

Then, I watched helplessly as the person's fist collided with Seungcheol's jaw, and he crumpled to the ground, while the person picked up the item he had dropped earlier, and turned back to run in the direction he'd come from.