Chapter 3

(10/18/2018) A.N.- Sorry everyone! I've been so busy with school and everything else, that I haven't been able to update anything or start new stories! I'll try harder, and hopefully I'll be able to get on more! Sorry again! Oh yeah, I also changed the name of the prince, so, um, yeah. (lol)

I walked through the doors of the very blue palace. It seemed calmer than our palace's red. Three Crallizean guards led me to the Throne Room, where I could see King Todd and Queen Juniper sitting.

"Welcome!" King Todd announced, his voice filling up the room.

I curtsied before them and plastered a smile on my face. "Thank you, your Majesty."

"And soon, you can be calling me dad!" King Todd laughed.

I smiled bigger. "I can't wait."

Queen Juniper stood. "Now, you'll be a part of our family, so I want you to get used to it." She gracefully strode down the steps from her throne. "And we don't meet like that as a family."

"Thank you, I feel very welcome, your Majesty," I replied.

"Well, I want you to get settled. Guards! Take Miss Abril to her room!" She gestured for them to come over to us. "Dinner is at seven o' clock sharp! Your maids will tell you where to go."

I curtsied deep. "Thank you very much!"

----------------

The rooms were prettier. The food was better. The people were much nicer. Crallize seemed to be simple, yet very astonishing. I missed my siblings and Ceylon, but this life might be fun.

I was put into a tight waisted, dark blue dress, and my hair was curled. I was used to wearing red, orange, or pink, but I thought blue went much nicer with my ice-cold eyes and blonde hair. I stared myself down through the mirror, until my maids hurried me to the dining room.

"Ah, Miss Abril!" Queen Juniper smiled. "Come in, come in!"

My high-heels echoed on the marble floors as I strode over to the small table, enough to fit the royal family and a couple guests.

Prince Kade stood behind a chair and motioned me to come sit in it.

"Thank you, your Highness," I said, taking the seat.

Prince Kade sat down beside me. He had black hair and green eyes and wore a black and navy blue suit, with intricate designs in white thread flowing through it.

Dinner consisted of the royal family asking me questions and telling me about their kingdom.

"Here we host parties every other week!" Queen Juniper announced, grinning and waving her drink around in her hand. "It's rather exciting!"

"And you're always willing to join me in a game of chess," King Todd told me.

Kade's older sister winked at me. "Feel free to come hang out with me whenever."

Dinner was chaos. Everyone was talking- or shouting more like- and the room made it echo. My eyes darted from one place to another, responding with short words when I could fit them in.

"Guys!"

Everyone stopped shouting and looked over at Kade. "Sorry, but I think you're scaring her. She's already having a hard enough time adjusting, and it makes it harder when you're just shoving words at her one right after the other!"

"We're so sorry, Abril," Queen Juniper said. "We should've realized."

Once it was over, I curtsied to them and looked to Kade to mouth a simple 'thank you,' and walked to my room.

I sighed and lay on my bed, exhausted. I need to stay awake... just a little longer... or maybe I could close my eyes for a bit.