We Are Magical

It took an unbelievable amount of mental stamina to not call after him and say 'You are nothing, my prince.' But somehow, something had stopped me from doing so. I guess even though my entire career is based on playing baseball with a team filled with 25 guys I still haven't gotten boys figured out. Particularly one adorable right-handed southerner from Louisiana with the best curveball in the history of the game of baseball. That gosh darn Mr.Aaron Micheal Nola.

In time I was joined on the bench by many members of my team. Each and every one of them trying to persuade me to pay attention to whatever the hell it was they were saying to me. But hey words don't mean shit when there is a perfectly beautiful human playing on the field as I was sitting there. You can bet a million dollars I will stare at the beautiful human instead of talk.

The game wound down in time, Aaron won it just as he always does. But it wasn't like it usually is, no this was different. The crowd jumped up the second every single player in the dugout did. It was a sea of red waving white towels in the glare of the lights. We sprinted onto the field hugging and jumping and cheering, Aaron was at the center of it all smiling with the happiness of the entire city of Philadelphia. He had pitched an entire game in the World Series, he had advanced us in the World Series.

In time we calmed down, walking off the field as the crowd cheered. For a fraction of a moment, I was standing on the field taking it all in. The rush that being with the crowd gives me brings me the utmost joy. I was alone out there until I felt a sudden presence beside me, I turned my head to find Aaron and I smiled up at him and he smiled down at me.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" I said to him as we eyed the crowd.

"Sure is, sweetheart."

"Sweetheart?"

"I'm just kidding with you!" Aaron chuckled, causing me to blush slightly.

"If you say so." We slowly began to walk off the field.

We found ourselves in the locker room with the lights off but a disco ball shedding rainbow light all over our faces.

"Hey, guys! Want some champagne?" Odubel came up to us smiling brightly as per usual. Aaron's eyes and my eyes went huge, rule number one of baseball is to never have champagne in the clubhouse before your team wins the World Series.

"I'm kidding I'm kidding! I mean you want some beer?" Odubel corrected himself and Aaron and I both let out a sigh of relief.

"Sure!" We both said laughing.

Nothing beats the feeling of celebrating a postseason win with your teammates in the locker room. Aaron and I stood side by side chatting and cheering the entire time. We were caught up in the happiness if the celebration. Perhaps I had missed this more so than anything else about Aaron and I. This magic of talking nonstop and laughing together as best friends. I would do anything for more of this magic.