New acquaintance and discoveries

Hey there, guys!

I finally got my data back and that means new chapters for you all!

I'm still sooooo incredibly sorry for the long wait.

I hope, I'm able to make it up to you with this chapter.

Please, enjoy~

"So . . . are there any specific informations you can tell me about this rookie?", Moon asked as she and Shadow were on their way to the training ground of The Resistance. Since she had promised her friends to talk with her fan, Shadow thought it would be the best for them to meet as soon as possible - probably mostly because he had enough of this Mobian giving him trouble all the time.

"She's a huge fan of you. I don't think that I need to tell you anything more about her. She'll talk your ears off about herself without much doubt.", Shadow answered, clicking his tongue irritated as he thought about his first meeting with her.

"Okay?" Moon really wasn't sure how she should feel about that. But she thought that taking care of the new rookie wouldn't be that bad and difficult like everyone had said. Dealing with a fan could be easier than with Infinite for sure.

She snickered quietly as she thought about him and their past few days together. Both had gotten used to each other at such a short amount of time, it was still a miracle in her eyes. And now she even trusted him this much to leave him all by himself at her place, being sure that he won't get into mischief.

Moon looked up at the blue sky above her and got lost in thoughts. What was the jackal doing right now anyway? Would he really be okay without her? Had he eaten his meal already? Was he able to orient himself around the house and find everything he needed? Was he happy to have peace and quiet for real at home now, or would he get lonely all alone?

She shook her head at her last thought and rubbed her neck lightly. Infinite and lonely? That was impossible. Why would he miss her? He had no reason for that . . . Or had he?

Again, Moon got meditatively. Was there a chance that Infinite had started to enjoy her company? She remembered the event in the bathroom after she had told him that she was going back to The Resistance to help them out - and Shadow nearly catching them living under the same roof.

Back then, he had suddenly grabbed her wrist and had told her to get her work done quickly, so she will be busy with nursing him again. Had he said it because he finally wanted to be able to leave and didn't want to see her again? Or because he wanted her attention to himself? Could that be the reason? But why would he . . .

"Here we are. Now take care of this annoying brat and get her away from the other recruits! Training these hopeless bunch of newcomers is exhausting enough. I really don't need a tedious Mobian like her bothering me because she's not able to see her idol.", Shadow interrupted her thoughts and pointed at a group of Mobians standing on a wide area with all kinds of different parkours.

Moon recognized this place. It was the training ground of The Resistance. She had also trained here as well during the war. Improving your skills was never wrong, especially at the time when the war had been present.

After taking a few steps closer into the direction of the group of people, Shadow stopped his tracks and so did Moon, waiting for him to speak to them since they knew him. "Attention, rookies! Where's this pain in the ass bastard?", he called out to them and immediately everyone stopped talking and turned around to face him. Then, without losing a single word, all thumbs pointed in one direction a little aside from the training ground.