In remembrance of my family

Letting out a breath of exhaustion, Moon entered the big garden of her home. She had never intended to stay out this long, but who could blame her? Spending time with her friends after such a long time apart had been so much fun that she had actually forgotten the time - not to forget about taking care of their new rookie Zola. As much as she enjoyed the time they shared together, right now she wanted to get home and relax already.

While she made her way to the front door of her house, she looked up at the horizon. The sun had already set some time ago and the full moon was up. Proud and sublime, she lightened the dark night sky, along with thousands of twinkling stars.

The Wolf Mobian stopped her tracks as she gazed at this vision of delight. Taking a deep breath of the pleasantly cool night air, she closed her eyes and listened to the sound of the wind blowing through the grass, bushes, and trees; and the melodic chirping of the cicadas, creating a beautiful little concert.

After she listened to them for a little while, she opened her eyes again and stared at the big natural satellite, which blazed so wonderfully up there. Only looking at it always removed all of the tension of the black wolf's body. It was like the loneliness and depression, which built up inside of her from time to time since the loss of her family, became a little easier for her to bear when she was able to take a look at a vespertine sky like this one.

She really loved nights like these, she already had as a child. Her parents had always told her that they had never guessed that her name would fit so perfectly when they had picked it for her.

Quickly Moon brushed away some tears, which had shown up at the corners of her eyes, and sniffed pained as she still faced skyward, gazing at her namesake. It was useless. No matter how hard she tried to get over it, the death of her parents and her siblings still lingered deep inside her heart.

This horrible memory afflicted her at every opportunity and there was no end in sight. Grief and sorrow was everything she could associate with her family now. Even the happy times were clouded by this darkness she was feeling because of that day. Still hard to believe that she was seriously taking care of the cause of the awful sensations inside of her.

Chuckling lowly, Moon turned her head to look at the stars. "You were right. I'm really too kind for this world.", she said while she stared at the sparkling celestial bodies as if the spirits of her parents and siblings would be able to hear her.

Would they be disappointed in her for her actions? Or would they smile at her like they always had done to show her that her decision was okay with them? Whatever they were doing now, Moon just hoped that they wouldn't be mad at her because of it and would watch over her as she tried to continue to live her life.

A gentle night-breeze caressed Moon's hair and fur as she still gazed at the dark night sky with its glinting little diamonds and big luminary in the center of it. A few tears were streaming down her cheeks, but she still tried to smile the best she could. It looked like a terrible injured one nevertheless, no matter how hard she attempted to prove the opposite.

If there would be even the smallest possibility that her people could be watching her now from up above, she had to show them that she was okay. No matter how hard it was for her and how broken she felt with them gone, she must keep walking - keep living. She was sure that they would tell her this. It was an ordeal, but she had no other choice.

Her hand wandered inside her jacket's pocket and pulled out a small, round vintage box. It was beautifully decorated with a sun pattern on the top and constellation symbols on the edge of it, and little stars and constellation patterns around the under part of it. It looked used but was still in a good condition.