Chapter 3

(So I just realized that I totally wrote chapter 2 twice and I decided to rewrite this and I kept the chapter 2 I posted first as I liked it better and it fit however I will include a little bit of the second one that I wrote. Sorry guys!)

Yami's POV

After a long nights sleep, I got up and walked around the house to see if he was awake. He wasn't and so I decided to go make something for breakfast. I don't know at all what kinds of food he'd eat so it'll be a total guess. I made some eggs, pancakes, bacon, and hash browns. I also cut up some fruit. While I was cooking, I started to hum an old Egyptian lullaby that my mother would sing to me. "That's a beautiful song," I hear and I jump and turn around. "Wow you scared me," I say. 

"I apologize for that. Who taught you that song," he asks. "Well my mother sang it to me when I had trouble sleeping. It's an old Egyptian lullaby called When Ra Sleeps," I say. "Are you from the Egyptian bloodline," I ask. "Yes I am. I have an ancestor who was once a Pharaoh. Pharaohs were the rulers of Egypt," I say. "Wow then that would mean that if your family would have stayed in Egypt, you would have been a king," he says. "Well with me being the only son, yes I would have been. However, the Egyptian civilization fell after Cleopatra Ptolemy's death," I say. 

"How did she die," he asks. "No one outside of the Egyptian families know but she first tried poisoning herself, but it wasn't working quick enough for her so she grabbed a snake and had it bite her. A combination of the poisons is what killed her," I say. "You'll have to teach me more sometime," he says. "I'd love to," I say.  He nods and comes over to where I'm cooking. "I hope you can eat the food here," I say. "Of course. Our diets are actually quite similar. The foods here of course are going to be different from my planet of course," he says. 

"By the way, what's your name," I ask. "My name is Yugi," he says. "It's nice to meet you. My name is Yami," I say. He smiles and I continue cooking while my mind drifts to Egypt. "What're you thinking about," he asks. "What it'd be like today. I always wonder how different my life would be," I say. "Well you know a prince you know," he says with a smile. "Wait you're a prince," I ask. "Yes I am a prince or Eshehic according to my people. My father is the Teqeq or the King," he says. "Well I'm honored to know a prince," I say and set the food on the table and dish up two plates and hand one to him. 

He graciously accepts and we sit down to a nice meal. While we were eating, I decided to ask him about the crash. "Do you remember the crash," I ask. "I don't remember the crash itself. I remember passing by this planet and getting shot down so I made an emergency crash landing. I'm pretty sure I hit my head at some point cause I woke with a sore head," he says. "Do you know at all who shot you," I ask. "They're called Cryptos from the planet Cryptin. They brought war upon us when they attacked a fleet of our ships that was carrying supplies to another planet in need," he says. 

"Was this other planet at war too," I ask. "No they aren't. They're just going through some rough climate changes due to volcanic activity," he says and I nod. "Ok do you know about how life is  here on Earth," I ask. "Yes, we have studied humans for thousands of years. I'll be able to blend in here by hiding my features that show I am not from here," he says. "Ok good cause I'd hate for you to be stuck here all the time," I say. "Even if I did, I'd have my ship to occupy my time," he says with a smile.

I smile back. "Also I must say that your planet has it's own beauty. We respect all life that a planet has to offer. We even try to not disturb the plant life as much as possible and build around or replant when we can," he says. "That's amazing. Not everyone shares those beliefs," I say. "The Cryptos don't. They just go to whatever planet they want, trash it, and move on to the next planet," he says. "That's awful," I say. "I just pray that they leave this planet alone. We've gotten into the war also because they have to be stopped," he says.

I nod and we finish our breakfast. I take the dishes and put the food away. "Thank you for the meal," he says. "I'm happy to help you out while you're in need," I say. "Believe me I appreciate this. If I may, can I look around your shed for tools so I can see what I need to repair my ship," he asks. "Go on ahead I'll be out to help you in a second as soon as all this is cleaned up and put away," I say. He goes out to the shed and I finish up in the kitchen. When I get out there, he's looking through my tools and examining them to see if they're what he needs. "Are you finding everything," I ask. 

"Yes I am and there are going to be some things that I will need from the store," he says. "Sure of course. I'll get you what you need," I say and he shows me what he needs and I write down a list. "Can I ask what your planet is like," I ask. "Well my planet is the perfect balance of civilization and nature. The plants there along with us are bioluminescent in the night. It's honestly hard to describe the beauty. The climates can be a little harsher than here, but they vary just like they do here on Earth," he says. 

"Wow it sounds very beautiful," I say. "I'll see about taking you to see it for yourself," he says. "I'd absolutely love that," I say. He smiles and goes to carry the chest and sets it next to the work bench and opens it. He pulls out a paper that is very similar to papyrus and opens it and it looks like the designs to his ship except its in his language. "Are these the designs," I ask. "Yes, I'm trying to figure out what I can salvage and what will need replacing cosmetically. It won't get fully repaired until I get back as those plates are made from a metal that isn't of this planet. Though I'd say steel will suffice," he says. I nod and he pulls out a few weird looking tools. "You ready to help me," he asks and I nod and we get to work.