03

"Are you ready, T'Challa?" Y/n asked as she looked up at the soon-to-be-king's face. He smiled down at her before patting her shoulder.

"Indeed, umntwana. I am glad that you are here to see it. Just so you know, one day, you will be queen and I will be by your side to watch it happen." T'Challa assured as Y/n smiled and wrapped her arms around this bare torso. He hugged her back before she took off down the hall of the castle.

He sighed before grabbing his weapon and shield and making his way to the battle jet.

~

Y/n watched the battle jet land on the arena grounds and out stepped the prince of Wakanda.

She smiled as he nodded to her along with Shuri and his mother, Ramonda. As she excepted as much. Y/n was allowed to stand with the Wakandan royal family during ritual combat. She didn't mind and they didn't mind either.

As Zuri began the ritual combat, Shuri leaned over to Y/n and spoke.

"This is ritual combat. We have it every once a year. The royal bloodline of Wakanda is given a liquid that allows them the strength of the Black Panther like how Zuri is doing to T'Challa," Shuri began to explain as Y/n looked back at T'Challa and saw him drink the liquid. He started to twitch a couple of times before he began to strain, but then he became his normal self after a second.

"Then what?"

"Then, there are 4 tribes with royal bloodline. Each one has to determine whether their tribe wants to fight for the throne or feels as though the bloodline is rightfully chosen for the throne." Y/n nodded before she heard a couple tribes say that they weren't challenging.

"Is there anyone of royal blood who would challenge the Black Panther?"

Shuri slowly raised her hand and Y/n rolled her eyes with a smirk.

"I do not see the point in this. This outfit is making me uncomfortable. So why don't we just pack up and go home? Ow!" Y/n laughed while T'Challa chuckled to himself.

Before Zuri could respond, chants could be heard from a opening in the cave. Then out of nowhere, the Jabari tribe, the tribe that was forbidden to step foot on Wakanda, arrived through it and made their way to Zuri.

"M'Baku? What are you doing here?" Zuri asked as the leader, M'Baku, smirked.

"It's challenge day, isn't it? We have listen and heard from the mountains and we will not have it! I say again we will not have it! Your technological advancements are overseen by children! Who scoffs at tradition!" M'Baku began as he stood toward Y/n and Shuri, but Y/n held a spiral ring at his neck.

"And you bring an outsider into Wakanda? That is a violation against your own people! And you didn't even have the power to save your own father. Hmm?" T'Challa glared up at him before it changed to a slight smirk.

"I, M'Baku, leader of the Jabari tribe, chall-"

"I accept your challenge, 'M,Baku'." T'Challa said with a wide smirk before they both walked away from each other and toward their people.

Y/n climbed down from the cliff and ran towards T'Challa, her shoes getting wet in the process.

"T'Challa? What are you getting yourself into?" She asked as he shook his head.

"I don't know. But I will not be robbed of something that my father had entrusted me with. It is not what he wanted." He said as he placed his hand on her head.

"Will you be okay?" She asked as he smiled at her. He leaned down and kissed the top of her head before he looked at her in the eye.

"I promise, Y/n. I will be okay. Don't worry about me." He said before he kissed her forehead and smiled.

"Okoye, take Y/n back up top." Okoye nodded before she held out for Y/n's hand. Y/n looked back at T'Challa before she sighed and took Okoye's hand.

"Let the challenge begin!"