4. New Beginnings

I woke up the following morning with the feeling of being trapped. I open my eyes and realize it was Zander with his arms around me. I smile and nuzzle into his chest closing my eyes again. After a few minutes he began to wake up himself, "Good morning." I say to him in a sleepy tone. "Good morning to you." He replied kissing the top of my head. I looked up at him and he gently pressed his lips to mine for a soft but passionate kiss.

We got back into the front leaving our makeshift bed the way it was. "Don't worry about that, I'll fix it when we get there." He told me whenever I asked about it. We talked for a while about random things almost like the night we met. After a few hours we arrive outside a magnificent wooden cabin. "Welcome to my private get away." Zander said with a smile as we got out of the hummer. I grabbed my bag much to the protest of the gentleman. He came over and unlocked the door letting me see the inside. It was what you would expect from a cabin in the woods, wood paneling along the walls to cover the insolation, various picture frames filled with images of Zander's childhood along with landscapes filled with trees, the upstairs had two rooms while the ground floor had three. "Bathroom is the door there under the stairs and then the upstairs bathroom is the door on the left." He explained walking in after me "We got running water and electricity and the WiFi has no password because I could never remember it." He chuckled. "What about the bedroom?" I ask "Upstairs on the right, only one bed though, that shouldn't be a problem" he smiled walking to the kitchen with the other convenience store bags.

I took my time to look around the ground floor. I smiled as I glanced at the pictures on the wall before getting distracted by the fireplace. "That's a great place to curl up when it gets too cold, can't tell you how many times I've done that." Zander said walking over to me "Also made s'mores here all the time when I couldn't sleep." He added causing me to laugh "I picked up the things we'd need to make some if we get insomnia." He said wrapping an arm around me. "It isn't much but it's a home." I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him down into a passionate kiss "It's beautiful" I smile.

He gives me the tour of the cabin "This is the door to the basement, nothing down there except the generator and water heater. Over here is the kitchen, I try to keep food as stocked as possible, I do a bit of hunting so theres usually some kind of meat in there. Living room, not much to see, router, couches, tv. Upstairs is just the bathroom on the left and bed on the right." He said pointing to each location. "There's only one bed but I don't think that's gonna be a problem." He chuckled "Do you like it Nita?" I smile and nod kissing him again, it feels so perfect kissing him "I love it here." I say laying on his chest.

It has been a few weeks since I moved in to the cabin. I got used to waking up beside Zander faster than I expected, the feeling of him holding me became my favorite thing after years of an abusive marriage. He was good to me too, a true gentleman.. even though he did it too often sometimes and got on my nerves I liked it none the less.

I watch as Zander leaves for an urgent meeting that came up for work it seemed like some people had gotten into a fight. I look outside seeing a nice sunny day so I decide to go outside to the garden he had started. I worked for a few hours with the feeling of being watched... I look around seeing two yellow eyes staring at me from the trees. Backing away toward the door the eyes move away into the woods. I send Zander a text about it and go inside locking the door. A few minutes later Zander replies "Yeah, I'm surprised you haven't seen them sooner. There are some wolves out in the woods they're harmless just don't get too close." I take a sigh of relief and sit by the window. Looking out I see headlights coming down the road and I smile knowing that only Zander drives this road. He parks and walks in with a sigh "Those idiots..." he sees me and smiles "Hey babe." He says walking over and kissing my forehead. I hug him "Hey." I reply "I didn't get anything started for dinner." He nodded "We have leftovers, it's fine." Zander smiles looking out the window. My phone vibrates and I see my alarm to head to work. Yes, in these weeks I have been here, I got a good paying job at a near sports Bar. "I have work.. I forgot im sorry Zane." I sigh and cover my face. "No worries dear, ill drive you, lets go." I give him a quick peck on the lips and we walk out and into the hummer.

As soon as I arrived I immediately walked into the back and punched in, putting on my name tag, and walking behind the bar where I began to take orders and handed out drinks then collected money like a normal working person.

________________________

After a while of working, I got tired and started to slow down, it was noticeable to the costumers as they shouted and yelled at me to pick up the pace. Then I see a small body sitting at the bar. A kid?

I quickly walk over to him and lean over the bar, "Oh my, exuse me, but where are your parents young man?" A rumble of laughter escaped his lips and he looked up at me. "I am no young man." The man, drunkenly chuckled and reached out at me, gripping my breasts and leaning in to bite them. I loudly screamed and punched him, he falls to the ground and I cover my chest running to the back room and hide until the boss comes in "What the hell are you doing?" He asked me before noticing my tears.

"Hey, what happened?" He asked in a more calm manner, despite his refusal to get more wait staff he actually did care "Some short guy groped me... I'd rather not talk about it." I tell him getting a nod and pat on the shoulder in return "Go home, you've had a rough time recently. I'll finish this shift and start looking for new hires." He tells me "I'm not leaving just... just please work with me, I need the help." He nodded and walked out to the main area after a few minutes I follow him and see the short perv getting thrown out. I smile to myself and finish the shift with Jeremy, my new co-worker who actually does his job. "I'll start working on replacing those idiots, go get some rest and I'll cover you tomorrow." Jeremy told me causing me to smile "Thank you." I tell him with a small hug "Get going." He says again

I walk outside to see Zander sitting in the hummer reading something that made him frown "Hey, have you been here long?" I ask him as I take a seat "No, I've been here for a few minutes, you alright?" He asked noticing my eyes were red from crying earlier, "I'm alright, just a perv... let's go home." I said leaning my head against his arm. He smiled a little and it fell rapidly as he started the car and drove us both home where we would have a sleepless night.