A bit of a Jam

Nita

As I get into the new town of Olympia, WA, I began to notice drastic change. The sky was now a cloud covered grey mess and the buildings changed into small shops and wooden houses. It wasn't too bad. Sadly Zander passed through all of that, "are we not staying there?" I asked and looked at him. His eyes were fixed on the road, seemingly he was lost in thought.

"Ookay" I mouthed and fixed my eyes back on the road, trying to gather the surroundings and guess when we were going to arrive. Not really when.. Just where. What could possibly be so bad at his job that we just have to up and drop everything? All these thoughts were frustrating. Just then a large dirt road path came into view on the right, we turned and continued down it. "Zander?" I looked at him again. This time his eyes looked down into mine, I couldn't help but to shiver. "Are we almost there?" He nodded and kept his mouth shut. "Why aren't you talking to me?" I frowned and looked to the dashboard. "I'm sorry love, just a lot to think about right now. I'm not meaning to be rude. There's just some things we need to talk about before we go inside. It's going to be a lot to take in.." he sighed and shook his head as we pulled up to a large mansion with multiple buildings around it and people walking to wherever they needed.

"What is this place?" I asked and furrow my eyebrows.

He held his finger up to me as someone, a male walked up to the Jeep, they chatted quiet enough for me to not be able to hear anything. This was the right time to think.. I looked up to all the people again, and a lot of them had averted their eyes to me, everyone then began to run away. What the hell is going on? I sit up and look at the male chatting with Zander, he then shoots me a smile, "Welcome Nita." He politely says with a nod and begins to jog back where everyone else went. "Zander, who was that? And who are all of those people? They looked at me and ran away. What's going on?" I began to panic and breathe heavily. "Nita, you have nothing to worry about. This is what I was talking about. These people all live here, I am their boss. We are a society call- you know what? I'm not gonna explain it like that. We are werewolves Nita. This is the packhouse where everyone lives."

I begin to laugh hysterically and shake my head, "You are something else babe. But I'm being serious." Zander just gave me a blank stare before continuing to drive to we got to a garage which wasnt far. "You didn't answer me Zander." He nodded and got out, then opening my door and helping me out and holding my hand as we started to walk to a large building with a modern look. "This is where we have all of our meetings with different packs along with our own." He continued to the door and opened it for me, the first thing I saw when I stepped in was at least 200 people or more sitting in rows of chairs In front of a speech post. "Zander what is this place?" He looked down at me and held my hand then walked to the stand, lifting his other hand to silence the murmurs of the people asking what was going on. Zander then began to speak out, not into a microphone, but using a more forcefull, intimidating yet comforting voice. "I have gathered everyone here today for a grand announcement. I have hidden this for so long but as things got weary around the territory, i've made a final yet difficult decision in telling my mate Nita in what we are all about." As Zander finished, he grasped onto my hand and smiled at me assurlingly. "Zander.. You weren't kidding, were you..?" He shook his head. "Nita I'm sorry for bringing this up later.. I just couldn't find a right way. I don't want you to think I'm crazy, or even worse, you leave me. My pack needed me, I really hope you understand everything I just said." Zander crossed his arms as he witnessed me lose my train of thought for a moment.

"Zander.." Tears filled my eyes as everything sunk in, slowly, but surley. Like deep knives cutting in my stomach and heart. Maybe im just being dramatic.. Who could be overly dramatic about the love of their life being a werewolf. An alpha at that.

"Nita.. Are you okay?" He broke me out of my daze so did all the murmurs of the wondering crowd. A tear quickly escaped out of my right eye, leaving a familiar warm tingle going down my face. I couldn't just stand there anymore, just then, I quickly turn my back and walk out of the door, the sound of the crowd 'aww-ing' in disappointment in my outburst of anger instead of accepting it. Who could? I quickly ran into the woods and farther until I tripped on a fallen tree, instantly I felt a sharp pain in my knee and my wrist as I tried to stop my fall, wrong choice.. "Ahh!" I scream out and wincing as the pain increased. I heard quick footsteps running my way, the same way I came. Someone followed me, I wonder who.. Zander immediately helped me to sit up, "Nita, what do you think you're doing?! Running into the woods like that!" his faced scrunched, he actually looked really adorable, it seemed as though it made the pain subside. "And you expect me not to with everything that just happened?!." Just then, the pain came back, causing me to wince and groan. "Lets get you to the house Nita. Please, let me take care of you as I have been, as I always will." He carefully lifted me bridal style and began to walk back, the pain instantly going away the moment we made contact. "Im sorry.." I looked down and whispered. He kissed my head and held me closer as we approached what I presumed to be the packhouse. When we enter, I feel stares of wandering pack members as Zander takes me up a series of stairs until we reached a long hallway that had double doors at the end. We enter the room and it reveals a bright white and dark grey scheme, Zander sits me on his bed and reaches for a first-aid kid he had stuffed in his bedside drawer along some more clutter including condoms. I quickly look away and he quickly shut the drawer and taking a glance at me before carefully holding my wrist and examining it.

"I think its just jammed hun, you just need to ice it and wrap it up. I see your knee is injured as well." He looked at me and held a gaze. I stared back, I just wanted to jump into his arms and lock lips with him.. Ive never seen a human as gorgeous as him. The fact that he cared so much really struck me. Just then, he carefully wrapped his arms around me and kissed me passionately. I wrapped my arms around his neck and embraced him, how could it be possible to love someone this much? He pulled away and bit his lip, smiling softly and caressing my cheeks. "I love you Nita.. please dont ever run away like that again." I then rolled my eyes, "you're not my dad." His left eyebrow shot up and he crossed his arms.

------------------

I might just give up writing because nobody reads my damn books.. 🙄