< . T . W. O . >

Neoma's P.O.V.

Once everything was unpacked in both rooms I laid on the bed with Phoenix. He was still peacefully sleeping. I rubbed his head soothingly. I knew this helped him to sleep. I moved the hair away from his forehead only to see the scar. One time while I was at school Max had came home before me and had gotten to Phoenix. He chucked a bottle at him which caused a piece of glass to cut his head.

Max became angry at him because he wouldn't stop crying so he began to hit him. When I walked in I tackled Max and quickly ran to our room carrying Phoenix. I made sure to lock the door.

I soothed Phoenix and once he was calm I cleaned him up. It wasn't that bad of a cut but it was enough to leave a scar. Nothing compared to the ones I have but I'm ok with that. Actually no. I would have had 10,000 more scars on my body if he was left without a single scratch.

I blame myself for him getting hurt. If I would have been there for him, none of this would have happened to him. I hated that he got hurt. From that day on I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't let anything happen to my little brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a soft knock on the door making me wake up. I walked over to it and saw Kelly standing there. She gave me a soft smile.

"Hey dinner is ready if you guys wanna come down and have some." She said.

I nodded and then closed the door. I walked back over to the bed and gently began to shake Phoenix awake. His eyes fluttered open and he smiled at me.

"Hey kiddo, they said it was time for dinner." I said gently.

He got up and rubbed his eyes with his little fists. I smiled at his habit. I kissed his forehead and stood up off the bed. He followed my movements. He placed his hand in mine and we walked down to the dinningroom. Kelly and Pete were sitting there along with 4 plates full of food. Pete and Kelly were smiling at us. I nodded at them and sat down in one of the chairs.

There were many chairs there. I'm assuming because they have many visitors. Phoenix sat next to me. As soon as he sat down they began to eat. Phoenix looked at me and also began to eat. I took my fork and picked up some of the potatoes that were on my plate. We ate in silence for a while. It was awkward.

"So I know that it is soon and all but we have already filled out our applications to the schools you will be attending while you are staying. You will start on Thursday, tomorrow we will take you there to visit and then get you supplies." Kelly said.

I nodded. Phoenix was beaming. Not many foster parents buy us new things. We usually, if we needed something, had to get it ourselves or from one of the other foster kids. Phoenix happily ate his food. They began creating small talk for a while, until everyone was done.

"Kelly and I will clean these up. Why don't you two head upstairs and play for a bit or something. I don't know what you kids do now aday." He said smiling.

I nodded and began walking upstairs. Phoenix laced his tiny hand into mine again. He skipped up the stairs. He pulled me into his room and ran to the tv. I chuckled. None of the foster homes that we have been to before have given us tvs in our rooms. I guess this home is different.

He handed me the remote to me. I went through the channels and found the Disney Channel. He giggled when one of the actors threw a pie at another one. I had no clue what this show was. It was somewhat entertaining though. I got up and went to his pajama drawer. I pulled out some Mickey Mouse pants and a matching shirt.

"Alright bubba, here's your pjs." I said setting them next to him.

He got up and went to the bathroom. He came back out wearing the matching set. I smiled at him and kissed his head. He giggled and hugged me. I lifted him on the bed and tickled his sides. His laughter was booming throughout the room. I laughed with him.

"S-sissy! I'm gonna p-pee!" He said laughing.

I chuckled at him and ruffled up his hair. He giggled and kissed my cheek. I laid next to him. His eyes began to drop as he was watching the show. I smirked at how tired he was. It was only 8. When he was fully asleep I shut the tv off. I kissed the top of his head and pulled the blankets onto him. His little snores were so cute.

I walked through the door that lead to my room. I was very grateful for that. His room would be very easy to get to when he has nightmares in the night. I quietly closed the door and stood in my room. I had a balcony right outside my room. I walked out and sat on the floor. It was so peaceful and calming. The night was just beginning everything was going to sleep. The sun was going down. I looked over to the house that was next to us.

There was a boy standing in the window staring at me. I jumped. He smirked at me and began walking closer to his window. I quickly got up and walked inside. I closed the door, locked it and pulled the draps shut.

Why the fuck would you watch someone? Fucking creep.