Part SIX

Part 6

 luke's pov.

"She called me cute. "

I smiled harder at the thought of it.

"She called me cute! 

I wasn't one to get so hung up on girls like this but pretty girl was special. She was beyond fantastic, she was a dream! She called me cute!"

"Mind you, Lucas. She called you a cute freeeeesssshmaaaan."  Calum pointed out. Calum and I were walking to the library so he could check out pretty girl to realize how amazing she is. I hope he doesn't end up falling in love with her too. 

Michael was hanging out with Natalie by the car, waiting for us. Natalie was a cool girl too, but she sister was way better! I mean, Natalie's sister has this vibe to her that makes her stick out from the rest. It wasn't just because she was pretty but because she seemed like she was a good person. And I needed a good person in my life right now.

"But, mind you, Calum. She called me cuuuuuuuute." I grinned. We reached the library doors and I opened it for Calum and I. 

The librarian looked up and didn't even attempt to kick me out. She rolled her eyes and looked back down at her watch. "Ten minutes, children."

Calum followed me over to the fiction section of the library which was decorated in school projects and models of space craft. I could hear whispering from the other side of the bookcase and stopped in my tracks, causing Calum to bump into me with an 'oof'. 

I shushed him and tried to listen to their conversation when Calum opened his mouth again. "Do you always do this?" he whispered. I shushed him again.

"Oh my God, guess what, bitch?" pretty girl giggled. I swooned at her giggles.

"What, bitch?" her friend replied.

"I got a mixtape!" she sang in a whisper.

"No way? From someone?" her friend asked.

"Yeah! This cute guy gave it to me yesterday." I could see her smile and watched her lips move in sync with the words coming out of her mouth. 

"No way! Cute guy from here?" her friend gasped.

"Yeah! I listened it on the way to school this morning."

"Is it any good?"

"Ehh, I mean, the Smiths aren't on it but it's sooooo cool." pretty girl giggled again.

"The Smiths are a really good band. Ugh, I want to go to one of their concerts." her friend groaned.

"The Smiths don't even fucking tour anymore." Calum whispered next to me. I nudged him to shut up again.

"I know! They must be so good live!" pretty girl exclaimed. The started to head off in the direction of the checkout. Quickly, I grabbed a book or two and headed off right behind them. Calum followed, muttering something about The Smiths again. 

They were having the librarian check out a thick young adult novel when pretty girl noticed us behind her. She furrowed her eyebrows, "Hey? What are you guys doing here?" she asked.

"Oh!" I shrugged, "Just grabbing a book." I smiled, holding up two Twilight books. I noticed this and quickly gave them to Calum, "For Calum."

Pretty girl and her friend gave each other a look and giggled. "Why are you getting two of the same book?" her friend asked Calum.