Epilogue

Epilogue

luke's pov

The next day, Natalie wasn't at school. This was great because I really did not want to have to see her at all right now. Ironically, she was all I thought about.

I was avoiding Calum and Michael too and got to hang out with Natalie's sister's boyfriend and our new drummer, Ashton. He was a cool guy, to be honest. He made jokes and talked in a funny voice sometimes to lighten up my mood. I enjoyed having him as a friend even if he was dating the girl of my dreams.

I nearly gasped out loud at the thought. Girl of my dreams. Natalie's sister was the girl of my dreams because she was made up entirely of my dreams! Somehow, I might've convinced myself that Natalie's sister was some goody-two-shoes by dreaming her up to lies. I don't even know why I associated her with volunteering and having top marks when I didn't like those things in a girl anyway.

I wouldn't care if a girl got good grades or volunteered in Africa or was just an all around nice person. I just wanted someone to be cool with. Which wasn't what I was around Natalie's sister. When I think about it, Natalie's sister was a complete bitch. I mean, she talked behind my back, she avoided me, I'm pretty sure she didn't even listen to the CDs I gave her. I could see it all on her face. I'm not as blind as I used to be.

She's not great for me but she's wonderful with Ashton, a guy she actually likes. I don't even think I'd start to like her more than I should when she'll be hanging out with us because of Ashton for the next few years. I was happy for them.

I was walking and getting lost on my train of thought when I bumped into someone. "Sorry." I mumbled but met their eyes and smiled. "Oh, hi."

Natalie's sister smiled back, "Hey Luke! How're things?"

She's really talking to me. "Great. Um, it's weird to see you without Ashton." I laughed.

Her mouth formed an 'oh' and she casually glanced to her side as if she was bumping hips with Ashton, which she wasn't. "And it's weird to see you without Natalie." she mentioned.

"Yeah." I nodded in agreement.

"Well, I'll drag her to band practice later, if that's alright?" she suggested.

I froze before beginning my next sentence. "Um, yeah sure." I blurted. I didn't really want to see her, then again, she probably didn't want to see me. "If she wants to." I added.

"Oh, she'll want to, definitely. She loves your taste in music. When I don't want to listen to the mixes you gave me, I gave them to her and she plays it day and night." she rolled her eyes and groaned in her speech, "It's annoying but I'm trying this thing where I don't pick fights with her as often as I want to."

I laughed, "Really? She likes my mixes?" I blushed.

"Would she steal them from me to burn them?"

"I thought you said you gave them to her?"

"Ah, nah. She stole them from me." she laughed. "She's really into you."

I blushed harder and licked my lips, "Well, I think I--"

"You like her too!" she gasped. "Just don't tell her I told you that she likes you." She gasped again as the bell rang. "Oh shoot, I have to go to calculus!"

I watched her walk off as I was stuck with the idea of Natalie again. This time, they were positive thoughts.

-----

 I arrived at Calum's house early that afternoon. I needed to pick up my guitar from my house before my mom dropped me off at Calum's. I was in and out of the house in a hurry so I wouldn't miss Natalie. My mind was even stumbling on the words I had yet to say to her before I even had the chance to say it.