Chapter 43- The end of the Preliminary Matches!

'Normal thought...'

"Kyuubi/Bijuu speech..."

"Normal speech..."

Jutsu name...

-----------------------------------------------------------

The eyes of a medical ninja widened in shock as he looked at Lee. "Are you the Jounin in charge of him?" He asked as he looked at Gai.

"Y-Yes..." Gai said in surprise.

"This way, please." The medical ninja pointed at a place a bit away from everyone and led Gai there.

Naruko narrowed her eyes, as she looked at the unconscious Lee. Then, she turned her head in the direction of Hair and the medic nin, to listen to their conversation.

"He is breathing, but the bones in his entire body have suffered comminuted fractures and his muscles have been torn up. I believe it will take a lot of time for him to recover." The medical ninja said seriously. "That alone would have been fine, but..."

Gai's eyes widened in shock.

"But the damage to his left arm and leg is severe. Too severe."

Naruko's eyes widened in shock. 'What?!' She looked at Lee as she remembered how Gaara crashed his leg and arm.

"I-It's hard to say this..." The medical ninja looked to the ground. "But his body will no longer allow him to live as a ninja."

Gai and Naruko looked at him utterly shocked. The medic bowed to Gai in apology and then walked back to Lee and they began to transport him out of the fighting area.

"T-That has to be a lie..." Naruko held a hand over her mouth in shock. She bit on her lip as she remembered Lee wanted to prove everyone wrong; that he just wanted to fulfill his nindo.

Gai looked sadly after Lee. 'Lee... I never imagined that you would lose.' His eyes watered. 'I wanted you to make your nindo come true... Please forgive me for not being able to stop you... Lee.'

Tears gathered in Naruko's eyes. "T-That can't be true... What is he supposed to do if he's told that?!" She shouted after them with a shakily voice. "H-He said he was going to prove everyone that you can achieve something with hard work! Can't you do something?!" She sniffed and just as she wanted to storm after the medics, Kakashi appeared behind her and hugged her.

"Naru... Calm down." He looked at her softly.

"B-But Kashi-sensei... He wanted to fight Neji and Sasuke so badly..." A single tear ran down her face before she got a grip on herself.

"That may have caused this unfortunate incident..." Kakashi said softly, but seriously.

"Huh?" Naruko looked up to him in confusion.

"To make those wishes come true, he used self-damaging forbidden techniques to try and win. And that is the result. He tried to abide by the wordless promise that he made with Sasuke, Neji and you, Naru. He desperately tried to head for the stage so he could fight you guys."

Naruko sniffed and her eyes were shadowed over by her hair. "Am I going to end like him?" She whispered.

Kakashi's eye widened. "Naru..." He said surprised.

Gai sniffed, turned around and walked a few steps before stopping again.

'I-Is Lee-san okay?' Sakura thought in concern.

'Lee... You didn't notice this until the end...' Neji thought seriously. 'One who can only gain a Pyrrhic victory... cannot move his piece forward. The heavens will not allow it.'