ADHD / ADD

In relation with depression and anxiety let's talk about one illness that personally affects me on a daily basis and let me tell you what people are doing or how they act toward these diseases; ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and ADD Attention Deficit Disorder. I am certain the first thing that comes to your mind while hearing those terms is "Oh! This person only has extra energy." Or maybe "Everyone has a hard time to focus." Let me tell you that it is NOT a simple case of overexcitement or inability to focus. Surprisingly enough, I should mention the complete opposite is another way how it can manifest itself which is called hyperfocus, and this a moment when the person will be extremely concentrated on what they are doing, they will forget everything else that is happening and this stage could last for hours without them to realize it. ADHD and ADD are particularly hard to deal with since it affects more than one aspect of life. For example; it affects your social life, your relationships with a partner or your family and even friends. It also affects your work life. In fact, it is proved that peoples who have ADHD or ADD to have more difficulties to maintain a relationship or to keep a job for a long time since long-term commitment eventually falls into a routine. You will understand what I mean as you keep reading.

Obviously, both diseases are extremely similar. The only concrete difference is the hyperactivity. What I mean by hyperactivity is perhaps an excess of excitement, but it doesn't only take part in with joy, which means to be overly happy and jump everywhere. It also means that no matter the emotion felt, it will be 10 times stronger. Sadness, anger, impatience and any other kind of emotions will be so hard to deal with, it will simply explode in a tantrum-like situation. It is so overwhelming it is almost impossible to control.

Only from this fact, you can already see why relationships are hard to keep. Another important point is that most peoples who suffer from ADHD, needs variety and their brain needs to have some challenges to deal. When life with a partner get into a routine where every day is the same, eventually this person will get bored of it and will search for excitement. This is when arguments of all sorts can start. It is getting so boring that unconsciously they can start a fight by thinking "My partner did this and to me, it is completely wrong" while on the opposite it is simply normal for the one who is in a relationship with an ADHD. That reminds me of love and passion. These two emotions impact someone with ADHD so hard, that it can easily be perceived as an obsession or too clingy, but it is only because they absolutely want to show you how much they care about you.

There are not only bad sides to these diseases, in fact, there are many good things about it that makes who suffers from them even sweeter. For example; they are amazing listeners for your problems. They might look like they do not listen fully to you but don't assume it because in fact they are not only listening to you but they are reading between the lines and reading your corporal languages at the same time of processing what you are saying and if needed, they are already searching for solutions that could benefit you and everyone involved in a positive way. Their brain is like supercomputers that receive new information every single minute, 24/7.

ADHD and ADD diagnosed are extremely artistic. Art in all its form is keeping them focus and help them to express themselves as they want in the way they want. It is almost like a therapy for their brains. They are amazing to cheer you up in the hard times of your life. They might seem out of the way to be happy and making jokes while you are about to crumble but remember they do this only to make you laugh. The laugh is the best way to deal with problems and they know it.